1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking drop 2 page after change non www to www

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by wallie1233, Apr 9, 2011.

This is the biggest mistake i have done ,my site has been steady at page 1 in 10 search result from 2m recently,unfortunately i was too noob because i thought, it will rank first result in page 1 ,but it appears few days after i change it,the site drop 2 page and my traffic get a low from this week.

wallie1233, Apr 9, 2011 IP
  2. maree

maree Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a real mistake but no problem you go to your ftp and replace your old url than after some days your site pr reverse its true but first you change your proper address

maree, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  3. richbate

richbate Peon

Best Answers:
    This is because non-www and www pages are classed as two different pages. If you've done the .htaccess file correctly then you should have done a 301 redirect rule. Just give Google a bit of time and all your old rankings SHOULD be back to where they were.

Best practice really should be to standardise on www or non-www when you create the site so this kind of problem doesn't occur.

richbate, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  4. wallie1233

wallie1233 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have return the site domain from early,but it keep dropping .....this is so tired

wallie1233, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  5. tech-guy

tech-guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you do canonical 301 redirect through .hhtaccess. This problem will be resolved and all link juice will be restored to single URL.

tech-guy, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a big mistake, indeed. You were supposed to use 301 redirect to avoid traffic and backlink loss.

C.Rebecca, Apr 20, 2011 IP