1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking criterias in google

Discussion in 'Google' started by immobroker, Jul 13, 2020.

Hello everybody,

I am new in the forum as well as in SEO, I would like to have some information about the ranking criterias that google takes in consideration to rank this website A first rather than another website B.

I am building a new website for ads, and I would like to know which one comes first to rank better:

- Title, headings, URL, keywords, content,...

Thanks in advance

immobroker, Jul 13, 2020 IP
  2. smanuva

smanuva Member

Best Answers:
    OnPage SEO - This one to perform on your website with proper keyword research, meta tags, site map, content, H1, Image alt tag etc.
    OffPage SEO - This one to perform outside of your website. Basically you need to generate backlinks for your website by posting relevant content to other websites in return of backlink. One example is guest posting, find similar website and provide them with content to post on their website in return ask to put your website link in the content.

Social Signals - Now this is New but very important after Google's latest update. You need to have certain authority on social media channels. So that your website could rank on SERP.

smanuva, Jul 13, 2020 IP
  3. immobroker

immobroker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks smanuva, so we need to consider all of the above to be well ranked.
    So you mean postings in facebook, instagram, and videos and youtube?

immobroker, Jul 13, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes, but not mindless posting in social media, you need to have engagement with real users - that's likes, comments, shares

sarahk, Jul 13, 2020 IP
  5. themarketingboy

themarketingboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Indeed!!! you have to connect with the customer by posting on social media and you have to get backlinks from the other website and yes on page you have to do first.

themarketingboy, Jul 13, 2020 IP
  6. Forlisek

Forlisek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are three main sections of SEO:
    • On-page SEO - (aspects on your website) -> meta tags (title, description), heading (H1-H6), content structure, internal links, keywords in content
    • Off-page SEO - (aspects outside of website)-> link building, social media
    • Technical SEO - (technical web audit) - page speed, web architecture (structure) for crawling (crawl budget optimization), sitemap and robots.txt, analysis of access logs
    There are more than 200+ ranking factors.

Two biggest factors are: have a quality content and gain backlinks from authoritative websites :)

Forlisek, Jul 15, 2020 IP
  7. immobroker

immobroker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for your interactions, I visited so many websites that I did not find sitemap.xml, is that really important?

immobroker, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  8. Forlisek

Forlisek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    t's not necessary to have it, but it's good. Once you've created a sitemap and submitted it to GSC, Google will easily crawl the pages and index them rather :)

Forlisek, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  9. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    I've used a few online 'SEO' checkers but so many of them use different factors, I have spent hours on 1 page to get the score up within reason and it still took around 5 months to get my site on the 3rd page results in Google, better on Bing & Yahoo but things just change all the time, Hope it goes well for you!

phplduser, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  10. immobroker

immobroker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Forlisek for your advice
    Same to you phplduser

If I add an article for my website ads, how long it takes approximately to be indexed by google?

immobroker, Jul 21, 2020 IP
  11. Forlisek

Forlisek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just a few day (approx 3-4 days). It depends on authority of your website :) The more authoritative the site is = the bigger the crawl budget is (faster the page will be indexed).

Forlisek, Jul 22, 2020 IP
  12. immobroker

immobroker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much Forlisek, appreciate it

immobroker, Jul 22, 2020 IP
  13. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google periodically updates its algorithm on how it ranks websites. So there are no fixed criteria that you can implement in order to rank your targeted keywords. However, if you closely analyze the Google SERP, you will find they are giving maximum priority to backlinks, content, website speed, and some other factors that are only known by Google itself. Once you start working on a website, you will eventually get to know what is working and what not. Accordingly, you can modify your SEO campaign and get the desired results.

At the same time, it would be wise if you diversify your traffic sources if you have an online business.

seo_buzz, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  14. immobroker

immobroker Peon

Best Answers:
    immobroker, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  15. jose

jose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are building a "web site made for ads", it will be very difficult for you to rank well in Google search results in the long run. You can probably be ranked some time as a first step. However, as soon as Google realizes you are a site made for ads, your ranking will definitely drop no matter what you do.

-----------
    Anyway, the ranking factors mentioned above are not of equal importance. For instance, as for on-page SEO, title meta tag is among the major ranking factors. Description tag is not a ranking factor at all. However, it may be be used by google as snippet in search results. Keywords meta tag is completely useless.

Technical factors (speed, and so on) are ranking factors. However, most of them are not major ranking criteria. Sitemap is not a ranking factor. However, it helps google index all your pages, as explained in the answer above. And so on.

Extremely basically, SEO relies on content and backlinks. The keyword of the page should be in the content of the page, in the title tag of the page (and possibly in the URL website.com/keyword phrase) and in several of the backlinks to that page. Those backlinks should be posted in pages that are both thematically relevant for the keyword and ranked as good as possible. Quality do-follow backlinks are a very important ranking factor.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    jose, Jul 24, 2020 IP
  16. Ron Peters

Ron Peters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everything you mentioned in your question matters in SEO.
    No factor is greater than the others.
    All of these factors come together and give benefits naturally. they all work for the same cause.
    To bring your webpage to the first spot on Google for relevant keywords.
    If you want to know what Google factors are then visit the Google: 200 ranking factors page on Backlinko.

Ron Peters, Aug 11, 2020 IP
  17. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great content will do the job and then add some good links and you'll rank and bank.

praetserge, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  18. GastonArchi

GastonArchi Peon

Best Answers:
    If I add an article for my website ads, how long it takes approximately to be indexed by google?

GastonArchi, Mar 10, 2021 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    hours?
    days?

It depends on how Google views your website, how good the internal linking is, if the article is added to your XML file and if that file is registered in webmastertools.

sarahk, Mar 10, 2021 IP
  20. ockarmoving

ockarmoving Peon

Best Answers:
    The best-case scenario is where an authoritative site includes a relevant link to yours in a piece of their content. So, if the Content Marketing Institute includes a link to your content marketing resource, that’ll be perceived better than if a random person with a low-quality site links to it.

ockarmoving, Jul 4, 2021 IP