1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rank high with a youtube video?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bussw83, Jun 18, 2015.

1. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes for video,.. and yes if your keyword not in high competition level... have try this before..

good luck

robyries, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What do you think TouTube is? lol It's a social media site. One of the biggest ones.

dcristo, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  3. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    Pardon the wording - I was referring to social networking websites. My bad :D

mikhailblaze, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well Youtube marketing can be a great strategy. Not only are you getting traffic from Youtube, but Google if the video ranks well.

dcristo, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  5. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    True - considering that Google shows YouTube videos in SERPs - tried some search terms (specific ones) just now and some vids showed up.

mikhailblaze, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most important thing is to have a CATCHY title! The description is also important and don't forget to also build backlinks just like a normal website... By the way, I didn't understand if you would like to rank the video in Youtube or in Google? :)

patco, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  7. Nicholas Goddard

Nicholas Goddard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I read one comment mentioned that you shouldn't stress over ranking a video. Post you video transcript in the description below, add contacts, details regarding the video. The idea is to optimize the video for the viewer not the SE.
    Let me approach this another way. When you find a really good YouTube video what is the first thing you do - share, comment and probably add it to a playlist, right? Start by going out and about in blogs and forums, relevant to the video. Share it with communities, which might actually find it interesting. Some of the communities might backfire, because they deem it not proper for them. Be persistent and keep pushing. Your target should be interaction not ranking the video. The value will come from the YouTube page, because if more people visit it, watch it longer than 15 or 25 seconds YouTube algorithm will deem it relevant and move it up in the results. That will increase the page sub-authority and pagerank.

Nicholas Goddard, Jun 23, 2015 IP