1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rank high with a youtube video?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bussw83, Jun 18, 2015.

Hi everyone,

I have recently uploaded a couple of youtube videos, I check my competition and mimic the things they do, I am ranking in 10 place for most of the keywords. And I can even see my page with some keywords in Google search.

My question is what can I do to improve my rankings and have more views. Many people seem to have great organic traffic from their youtube videos :)

Thanks in advance

bussw83, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  2. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can try adding backlinks to your videos the more the better.You can also try to get people to share your videos and make it go viral.
    You can do that by sharing your video on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.Google loves "social signals"
    Of course there are other methods but you can give these two a try and watch your results.
    Hope this helps.

murfe, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  3. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much I will definitely try your suggestions :)

bussw83, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Getting videos to go viral is more a matter of presentation than it is search -- there's a reason organic linking is 100% win, while playing games manually sharing is a dead end after about 30-40 minutes of work.

Do you have examples of the videos?

Remember, spending too much time on goofy animations and lead-ins can be a turn-off. Poor reading of the script or unscripted performances alongside things like broken grammar can cost you if it's a serious topic. In some markets someone ... speaking ... slowly ... like ... william ... shatner .... on ... downers can also make users tune-out -- and if they tune out they aren't going to be sharing it with others.

That's an aspect a LOT of people miss in marketing both video and websites -- that RETENTION can be as if not more important than getting them in the door. You get them and KEEP them, they're more likely to point it out to someone else or give you that organic backlink. Poor language, stiff readings, accessibility issues, failure to get to the point -- these can all cost you that. Admittedly, I'm for example NOT the target audience for most presentations / video tutorials as I usually end up either screaming at the screen "Get to the damned point!" or asking if there's a transcript.

Is there anything to make these video's actually be unique, or are they cookie cutter of topics that have been covered to death or could be found in 3AM infomercials? Remember that as much as some marketers go ape for infographics, usability studies are showing that in can in fact end up resulting in people glossing over as they now ASSUME it's marketing BS. How does it go on the humor factor? Remember people will endlessly share a video of a cute cat doing something stupid, while glossing over "yet another marketing strategy" vids.

As the joke goes, "I have in my palm a device giving me access to the combined knowledge of all mankind. I use it for watching cats freak out over squirrels outside the window."

A video of someone taking a baseball to the nuts thrown by their five year old? Markets itself. A video where it takes almost a minute to get through a paragraph because of the slow reading and over-emphasis on goofy animations and background music on a topic filled with marketing buzzwords and zero substance? Killed itself before it even started.

Really though without example videos, knowing the topic of the videos, and the intended audience it's hard to give you any sort of meaningful feedback.

-- edit -- hah, didn't even notice who the poster was before responding.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    deathshadow, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  5. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Is nice to see you out of your troll mode. Thanks for another insight that I cannot apply to my case (The script and voice over was made by native speaker professionals) what it trully matters is the message the videos are fine, but if you have seo ranking tips for youtube I am listening or reading :D

bussw83, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  6. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Apologies if you found those to be trolling, they were NOT intended as such; I'm very passionate about web standards, efficiency, content delivery and accessibility, things you really seem to give a flying purple fish about.

That isn't necessarily a good thing -- depends on where they do it professionally; professional interpreters for example often drone in a monotone for clarity making them not entirely inspiring or interesting, just accurate. You see the same thing the first time film actors are asked to do voice acting -- quite often it sounds like Wil Ferrel on pot reading off queue cards instead of the master craftsmanship of Keith David.

SEO for youtube pretty much begins and ends at backlinks. Search engines can neither hear nor see the video content, so apart from the title and content of the comments there isn't a whole lot for them to base your ranking on. Getting organic backlinks usually involves having content and presentation that's just THAT DAMNED GOOD -- or so ridiculously absurd the presentation doesn't matter. You need to get people so worked up and interested (or laughing so hard, sometimes pathetically bad can be as effective as professional -- see "Kung Fury") that they share it naturally so it can snowball. More shares == more backlinks == more traffic and higher search rankings.

Hell, share the link HERE. Even if it's a nofollow that wouldn't uprank it on search, it's a chance to get someone in there who might share it someplace that is. Don't fear the nofollow -- if it gets you a viewer what's the difference? To paraphrase a wiseman, once the avalanche has begun, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.. You need that avalanche so share it, share it some more, and don't miss ANY opportunities to drive people to the video -- EVEN if it's behind a nofollow. Even a nofollow is exposure that could lead to someone else creating a followed link!

BUT -- I did mention something above that can really help if it's an informational or tutorial type video -- a TRANSCRIPT. Put it in the comment, or better put a link to a real website containing that transcript. This gives text of the video content for search engines to actually use as well as giving content for users not willing to sit through the video; or even to link to and refer to directly. Internal links to subsections and time-indexes can further enhance not just the usability, but also how search will see it. One BIG thing to remember about search is that on the web text remains THE first class citizen, with everything else getting a "oh yeah, there's that too" treatment. Meaningful text describing the video, relevant terms in the title WITHOUT going overboard/overstuffing. A transcript for people who don't have the time or get annoyed with the video if it's "that type" of content.

Remember too you don't just have to focus on dragging people directly to Youtube as their first stop -- if you make a successful site with content of value like that transcript you have another chance for users to click-through to the video. It also provides another place and opportunity to get ranked. If you're into the whole advertising for money scam nonsense, it's another chance to nab them for that too.

Ever heard the phrase "The only thing better than a crawfish dinner is a five crawfish dinner"? Well you know what's better than the #1 slot on the first SERP? The top FIVE slots on the first SERP!

While not so much an SEO thing, having your videos cross-link to each-other at the end internally can also help drive traffic -- it's one of the hardest concepts of video promotion online to grasp (or even sites for that matter) is that SEO isn't the be-all end-all of traffic shaping, and in fact non-SEO traffic shaping can drive your search rankings up. More eyes on target == more chance of someone sharing == more traffic and more backlinks == higher ranking on search == more eyes on target.

That's the key to how many videos go viral -- it's a snowball effect. Same for websites that become overnight sensations. Getting number 1 in search doesn't mean anything if nobody cares about your content or can't get to it; just as getting visits is meaningless if you have no conversions either from accessibility woes, taking so long to load they bounce before the page even displays, or ranking for search terms where your content has NOTHING to do with what they were actually searching for.

A few years ago (ouch, ok, a decade ago) there was a joker on another (now defunct) forums who was convinced of what hot shit he was for SEO when it was outright lies and bunk. He was bragging about how high he ranked on a search term that was basically the "magic term" lie. They basically chose a term that had NOTHING to do with the actual topic of the site (a rather neat photoshop plugin) but that was guaranteed they'd rank #1 for since nobody else was using it. WOW, that's impressive, ranking #1 for a term nobody else was using. :/

The laugh was it let me introduce him to the concept of "non-competing competitors" -- all the other results for that magic #1 phrase had nothing to do with photoshop, they were about painting and powder-coating automotive engines. It's also why a LOT of "ooh I'm ranking #1 for my terms" on search is just fictional nonsense -- again SEO snake oil doctor nonsense. It isn't ALWAYS rubbish, but a LOT of the bull put forth by SEO "experts" is just a giant scam meant to prey upon the ignorance of site owners who don't know any better.

So don't obsess on search too much; you can take it too far. A #9 ranking with 1% conversions is worth a thousand #1 rankings with 100% bounce. It's important, but it's not the be-all end-all of promotion -- and more importantly promotion elsewhere can often lead to search promotion. NEVER miss an opportunity to have someone "share" it or to expose people to it.

deathshadow, Jun 18, 2015 IP
    mmerlinn and malky66 like this.
  7. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah lol so passionate that you don't even read or understand what is being asked, and then you end up giving unecesary unswers and getting sensitive when that is pointed out...um the script was made by a professional writter and a professional voiceover actor so I made sure of that since I am not a native speaker.

Mmmmm but I liked the tips you gave me this time, and you indeed adressed my questions.

Thanks I really learned a lot from this new reply :)

bussw83, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  8. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    buy view,.. i can make this for you,.. high retention view as low as 0,99/1000 view... just hit me PM if you interest, and I guarantee that your video wont be remove or deleted..

thanks

robyries, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  9. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there!

I wouldn't stress over the rankings that much :)

That being said, I'd worry more about your organic traffic - one person already mentioned the power of social media, so I won't talk about it anymore.

Why don't you try content marketing, or creating blogs and in the process, embed your videos? After which, promote those blog posts on Reddit or on social media :)

mikhailblaze, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  10. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you very much for your reply I.guess I will get bussy then lol :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  11. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for your comment :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  12. sb advertsing media

sb advertsing media Banned

Best Answers:
    you can share your video with your friends.

sb advertsing media, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  13. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    That is a great suggestion thanks :)

bussw83, Jun 19, 2015 IP
  14. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    You need to use unique title with description. also high quality video also matters.

deepakrajput, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  15. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi thank you for your reply,
    I have included some keywords in it, is that the right way to do it?

bussw83, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  16. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Yes, but only to a degree -- even if you work in your keywords it should LOOK like a natural language sentence, NOT like you went and stuffed it. If it LOOKS like it's stuffed, it's stuffed and you are actually likely to get slapped DOWN by the search engines for abuse.

It's... a very delicate balancing act between fitting them in without making it look 'forced'.

Sadly, the abuses of SEO "experts" the past decade plus has made it so -- they figured out that stuffing keywords could uprank their garbage contentless sites that only exist for advertising scams, so they went overboard with it. Suddenly stuffing too much can now result in getting pimp-slapped by the search engines fighting said scams.

Laughably even when said search engines are the ones PAYING for such scams, but if you think about it that's in their best interest; Google for example wants to collect from advertisers WITHOUT paying out as much for people showing the ads. Abusive sites that trick people, scam people and otherwise try to 'make a fast buck' cuts into their revenue stream, so of COURSE Google has an entire "anti-spam" division devoted to taking out the so called "black hat SEO" scams.

Sadly that makes the lives of those of us NOT trying to scam people all the harder. It also sadly means that SO many of the people out there who "all they do" is SEO, and the very notion of SEO as a business model is one GIANT scam filled with sleaze. They use all the classic propaganda techniques to manufacture results that look good on paper, but are in reality a paper tiger JUST so they can "take the money and run" before things blow up in the client's face.

Assuming the client is smart enough to realize WHEN it's blowing up in their face and actually costing them traffic AND reputation.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    deathshadow, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  17. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think you've misread the OP's question. He is asking how to make YouTube videos rank well on Google. Not how to make a viral video. Although if the video ranks well it sure will help to make it go viral.

Sorry I didn't see that you went on to address SEO for YouTube. Although I can't agree entirely with your sentiment. YouTube is owned by Google, so they absolutely do have access to additional ranking signals that could be used.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    dcristo, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  18. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    Lol I guess in short your advice would be don't imitate your stuffed and irrelevant comment, I think being so dramatic and obsessive is preventing you from being objective. Get it together in my next post ok? ;)

bussw83, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  19. bussw83

bussw83 Member

Best Answers:
    YouTube is owned by Google, so they absolutely do have access to additional ranking signals that could be used.[/QUOTE]
    Hi,
    That makes sense, some youtube videos rank high in google searches.

Thanks for your reply :)

bussw83, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  20. dieselhosting

dieselhosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Can you guaranteed that by buy view we help to get good ranking for website on Google search engine

dieselhosting, Jun 22, 2015 IP