1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rank Brain has totally over taken the Google SERP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jaguar34, Apr 24, 2021.

When I search for something like - cool backpacks for high school
    There is no webpage in top 10 which shows exact keyword in title and meta description.
    This means that Rank Brain has totally over taken the Google SERP? or there is no article written with exact keyword in the meta description or meta title?

jaguar34, Apr 24, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Most people (in the US) would go to Amazon or WalMart to find a backpack. The younger gen. doesn't use Google much. They go straight to Poshmark or whatever else they go to these days.

qwikad.com, Apr 24, 2021 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "cool backpacks for high school" - all i see is relevant results for that keyword. if I was searching using that phrase, I would get the results I wanted.
    Does not matter to the google searcher that there is not one matching the exact keyword in the title etc

If you want that when searching then use the "... " and you will get that. The search results for that phrase using the "..." are crap, so Google is doing a good job here for the user.

Agent000, Apr 24, 2021 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All it now shows is links of blogs and webpages explaining best backpacks.
    One would expect to see some shopping sites where they can buy cool/good backpacks...
    Only one amazon link was there for this, buried somewhere in the middle.

This search results reminds me of the white paper google founders wrote when they started, Gist of what they said in the paper:
    When you search on yahoo for "{some president name}", then all yahoo shows is jokes about the president.
    One would expect to see news, profile, etc about the topic.
    Yahoo explained that searcher must enter more defined keywords like "news {president name}", if they want more refined results.
    Our google does not requires these kind of long descriptive keywords to return relevant info.

Now, google has become yahoo of 1998, and they don't even wan to accept it!!!

JEET, Apr 24, 2021 IP
  5. Myles Claude

Myles Claude Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on the keyword, RankBrain will increase or decrease the. For example, Google RankBrain may have noticed that lots of people search for “grey. Obviously, it takes longer to read a 2000-word guide than a 400-word blog post. Dwell Time is the fact that longer content can fully answer a searcher's query.

Myles Claude, Apr 25, 2021 IP