1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Random Weirdness... and OG Print failure

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Hostserve, Sep 5, 2007.

Good morning,

We recently started encountering errors and server performance with our OptiGold server that appears to be causing a great deal or problems with how it functions day to day:

- Some Clients are saying that they are not getting any past due notices from us via e-mail.

- Some Clients are saying they are not getting their invoices from us.

- When I send these past due invoices or notices one at a time to the customers while they are on the phone they “sometimes” get them.

- When I do anything that is batch based the system seems to lag and take a LONG time processing requests.

- When I try and print a past due report the system hangs and almost crashes any of the computers that the report is run from.

There have been no changes to our environment that should effect the OG server, I have logged into the billing server (Windows 2000 Server) and the machine is using hardly any of the ram it has, the CPU is running at less than 10% and the hard drives have lots of space (sys drive has 6GB and data has 28GB free

Hostserve, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  2. Hostserve

Hostserve Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,

I've been trouble shooting this issue at great length and have now lost a full business day on this rather than dealing with other issues... but with no billing, there is no money... :-(

So... I have come down to a couple of possible idea's:

1. This issue is effecting all desktop's that connect to the sever to access optigold.... thus it must be the optigold server:

Either it is a broken or corrupt print file or application on the server that all the desktops are calling to run their print process

or

it's a data base issue.

So... does anyone know of any filemaker database integrity tools or checkers that I could run to check the integrity of my file maker data bases?

And / Or ... does anyone have a copy of the raw files that I could restore to my server to be sure I don't have any copies of files that have become corrupt... or is there a way to check the integrity of those files shipped with OptiGold ?

Hostserve, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  3. Zack

Zack Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, wish I could help. We have been noticing, just in the past 3 weeks (has been running for 3 years without incident) Invoices are coming out with additional months of service, some prorated to an odd ball date, and other very unsettling issues.

We have come to the point of manually verifying every invoice before it is sent, and painstakingly auditing the previous months.

As said before, no billing, no money.

Zack, Sep 18, 2007 IP