1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ran into bad luck, need a crash course on selling my domain for most $$$.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by aboyd, Jan 26, 2016.

So... I own one domain name that I purchased back in 1996. It's a single word, a dictionary word, and it means "best of the best." So I figure a rating web site might want the name, or... I dunno, maybe it has value just from being held by me for 20 years and being a single English word that is pretty cool. Over the years, a few companies (and a band) with the same name as my domain name have contacted me with offers, but I turned that down because the name is awesome and I never imagined selling it. Sadly, I didn't save those emails.

Anyway, I've fallen on hard times and I have to sell the domain name. I need this sale to cover multiple months rent, if possible.

So, assuming I know nothing about domain name sales, what do I do? Would a broker be good for this, since I know nothing? Or is there a trustworthy site to use? How do I ensure that I truly have the cash before transferring the domain name? Do any of you use an escrow service?

I'd be willing to give up a percentage of the sale if it meant I partnered with someone who could really find a great buyer and great price. So, please, share your expertise with me. Help me out. Thanks!

aboyd, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  2. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you will get that much money

niksto82, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  3. newbiecom

newbiecom Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't post domain name, we can't help you.

If it's one word .com, get a Sedo/Afternic ... broker, they might sell it for you. Or whois e-mail every relevant site which might be interested.

newbiecom, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  4. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You didn't save the emails? Maybe you remember the band name or some of the company names and you can Google for them? If you can remember any of the names you can probably find some social media accounts or contact details by doing a few quick searches.

FPForum, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  5. gamblingdomains

gamblingdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easier to just share the domain name.

If you need some help with the domain send us a message and sure we can help.

gamblingdomains, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  6. Altoz

Altoz Banned

Best Answers:
    Always use Escrow service!

Altoz, Mar 16, 2016 IP