1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Raffle/Lottery Hack For phpbb

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by sayyes, Dec 3, 2005.

Hi everyone,

I've found a raffle/lottery hack:
    http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1198

but I don't think it does what I want it to. Basically I just want people to be able to use their points/cash (I call them Raffle Entries) to enter for a chance to win a prize. The prize could be anything from a book to software to anything else I can think of (or afford!).

The reason why I don't think the above hack will do what I want is this line from the description:

It works more like a raffle, only the entry fees from everyone entered are added into a base amount you can specify to find out the amount rewarded.

This makes it sound like the winner gets X amount of points/cash, which is not what I want. I want all the points/cash that people enter in the raffle to "disappear."

Anyone know anything that does this sort of thing?

Thanks!

sayyes, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  2. krata

krata Peon

Best Answers:
    But this hack currently requires PHP 4.2.0 or greater due to seeding not being specified in the randomizer when it picks the winner. If you use a version lower, it will always pick 1.

krata, Aug 5, 2010 IP