1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Racism still exists in the business world.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ryanman, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh boy. Like I said just read and read the whole thread. Most people have been telling me that it does not happen in the west. And even if it does happen than still it's not bad.

lol. See now your emotions are involved may I ask why? You should not even answer my questions or even enter into a post which you feel is a waste of your time. I am sure you have better things to do. If I feel something is not worth my time I just do not even bother.

Again I would say the same thing to you. If you do not think this is good enough or maybe worth your time than do not waste your time here answering.

And yes one more thing. This post was just made to address my issue about the experience I went through. Almost everyone on this thread is acting like they were personally involved and assuming like they know everything before hand. Not only this you are all offended just because you do not like me addressing my issue. So let's close it right here and let the things be as they are. It's good that such things should always happen and should keep happening. And people should not be free enough to voice their opinions. Someone has very rightly said "Ignorance is indeed bliss for some".

ryanman, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  2. NikoShark

NikoShark Peon

Best Answers:
    I afraid to think what will happen in this board when you will be asked to show what is in your bag in airport. It would be also racism?
    You will also tell that they did it only cause you are Indian????
    Maaaan, they do that to everyone ;)
    Say thnx to those Indians who made this thread possible ;)

NikoShark, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Well the catch 22 is that India is one of the most educated countries in the world. I know this, but, each individual company has to do business based on their experiences. It's not all just some big general rule.
    I have been denied admission to programs, and directory placements. It just happens, but to claim racism is a bit strong.
    The one thing about the internet is, it's not personal.
    People aren't looking at you and making a decision based on your appearance. It's all numbers.
    No one knows if you are Indian, Black, A moron, an Axe Murderer, anything.
    If you think it's a problem, maybe you should not prelude the situation by pointing out that you are Indian, and let you site speak for itself.
    Do you think I apply for something and say "Do you accept Black Webmasters?" (For instance)
    Every one has a right to do business the way they feel necessary for their business.
    The web is worldwide and there is no Discrimination Guidelines.
    It's open season, just like the Wild West of the U.S. in the 1800's.
    You have to be careful with everyone you do business with.

Let me ask you a question: When you get an email from some one asking for your help to transfer money from an East African country, Do you immediately think that it is possible that this person needs help and is honest, or do you immediately think scam?

..and all the numbers and statistics in the world will not make up for personal experience and loss of money.
    Statistics are only developed after 1000's of people have already been scammed.

But if you want some validation that racism exists in the business world.

Of course it does! It exists in society as a whole.
    Don't you practice the class system over there?
    Isn't that racism?
    Do you do business with the "Untouchables"?
    Maybe some of time you are getting program owners that politically don't agree with that system.

Just like some people won't do business with China because it is not democracy.
    There are all kinds of reasons, and as a business owner, I can choose who and what I want to do business with.

People also let personal and political reasons affect their decisions too.

hmansfield, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    ahkip and east2west like this.
  4. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmans field, you are completely correct in this situation. I personally think the context of it is takin completely out of control.

If I ask the question "Do you hire whites?" I would EXPECT an answer of "sometimes" due to the fact that they sometimes hire whites, and also sometimes hire blacks, and sometimes hire indians, and sometimes hire that crazy man that sits on a bench in the park.

You ask a question that incites or expects a response that can be manipulated and taken completely out of context.

If I owned a business, and someone asked me "Do you hire indians". I would tell them "no, I hire Professionals".

drewbe121212, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    ahkip likes this.
  5. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    This whole situation and this whole thread were a "set up" from the very beginning. Why even ask the initial question that way?????

When I contact an affiliate program...whatever part of the world it is in....I don't ask do you take white, European decent, third generation, catholic, middle-aged, balding fat men.

This guy and this thread are BS. Anyone who even engages him is either naive or an apologist...or perhaps is even wasting his/her time reply....like I may be doing. The author of this thread is hell bent on this situation being a situation of racism. Boulderdash! Some people just like to be "the oppressed". Without it, they have NO identification. They also do not have to take any responsibility and can blame everyone else for their problems.

This whole situation reminds of a quote: "When is the sillent majority going to tell the vocal minority to go to hell?" :cool:

Jim

Jim Guinn, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  6. Muncey

Muncey Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets face it, if he was racist he'd go no we don't accept them from india then make a racist remark. He said he does, i see no problem there.

Im sure theres another reason why he said usually we don't... don't jump to the conclusion it was race related.

Lol @ "no i hire professionals"... clearly saying indians aren't pros. That my friend is racist.

Forget political correctness, people need to think outside the box more.

Muncey, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  7. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, that is completely turn around and manipulation of words.

The same thing would have been said about any race that comes in. If the person Identifies themself as a professional, they have every chance to work for me. If they identify themself as a race, they can go look somewhere else because I dont hire races, only professionals.

Tell me, what good does hiring an Indian do for me? Or hiring a black person, or a white person???? It does absolutely nothing for me at all. It tells me that they already have some type of stereo type or method on how they are expected to behave, even if nothing is being said. The situation is one that is well avoided, and I wouldn't want a person who is trying to get a job have any relationship to race, bias, or any other item of that nature.

In a world and business environment that I would operate (if that day ever comes), people will work as one, not seperated by anything other then their job title and specific skill sets. If they have a problem with that, they can go find a new job.

As I said, I will hire only professionals, not races.

drewbe121212, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  8. drpepper

drpepper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    racism is everywhere, not just in business. i feel bad not for indians, but for those people who still practice this negative trait..

drpepper, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  9. jack.taylor

jack.taylor Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with Ryan, it is not that all spammers are from India but you would have to give weightage to the fact that "a few dirty fish make the pond dirty" - or something to that effect.
    Now, when a few spammers or miscreants are engaged in dubious activities - when they are caught or defaced, the country they represent (not literally) comes to blame!
    It is quite a common phrase - "Yea, that was an Indian or Paki who was trying to..." - these are mere expressions and do not contribute to the upliftment or defaming of a nation.

P.S: This is one hot topic!

jack.taylor, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  10. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Couldent of put it better myself.

Coming at it from a different angle though, I have no experience with the justice system in India but it may just be harder to retrieve funds or pursue legal action against fraudulent partners in that country.

All this is pointless though because the whole reason you came here was to push your own warped agenda and views about Asian countries.

venturefox, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  11. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually its not.
    How easy it is, or isn't to pursue a legal remedy in case of bad business is a very good point, actually excellent!
    No one is going to do business with anyone in any country that makes it difficult to retrieve damages or payments.

hmansfield, Jul 2, 2007 IP