1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Racism still exists in the business world.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ryanman, Jun 28, 2007.

I was chatting to this affiliate manager from a new company. The very first question I asked him was "Do you allow affiliates from India". He said yes but usually we do not. Than I replied that I am already accepted. Now why would an affiliate company say no when they have already accepted someone.

The main question which still triggers my mind is why do people still think India is backward. I mean come on we have been to the space, we have space satellites, we have developed nuclear energy and we constitute 1/6th of the world population. India is the 4th biggest economy in the world- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP). 5th richest man in the world is indeed an Indian- http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_The-Worlds-Billionaires_Rank.html. We are already heading to the top- http://news.com.com/2100-1011_3-6133180.html.

Now I would not mention the company as I would never like to put a bad reputation on the company. Having worked with almost all races and people from different countries this was the first time I have encountered such behavior.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    honey likes this.
  2. drewbe121212

drewbe121212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rather then the question being focused on the group, you sure he wasn't just talking about outsourcing possibly?

drewbe121212, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  3. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well why would a person say "we usually don't". He was an affiliate manager and I was talking as a publisher. Therefore it is clear right there. And when you talk about outsourcing I feel why is business being outsourced anyway if it's not beneficial to the companies? I mean let's look at some stats. There are more cheaper countries out there such as Pakistan, Thailand, Philippines, Nepal, Sri Lanka. These countries have cheaper labour than India and the same infrastructure. Therefore why isn’t business being outsourced to these countries and why only India?

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  4. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  5. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just had the same reaction from another company-

me (1:53:23 AM): Hi there!
    affiliate manager (1:53:29 AM): hi
    me (1:53:31 AM): Do you allow publishers from India?
    affiliate manager (1:53:40 AM): sometiems

I have hidden the affiliate managers name as I have no intentions of causing any bad reputation to the company or the affiliates.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would it be racism? Perhaps a disproportionate number of publishers from India cause these companies problems due to fraud, etc.

Think before you spout claims off like that. Maybe they don't think allowing every single publisher from India is a good idea and prefer to vet them more thoroughly.

Do you seriously think even Google's click-fraud/AdSense algorithm's don't include some sort of extra stringency to traffic from places where fraud is more common, such as India?

That isn't racism, that's just doing business. Get over it.

Pete

GADOOD, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    ahkip likes this.
  7. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perfect example. You have just proven my point. Only because one person committed crime does that mean the whole country is full of criminals? Check this list and tell me where does it mention India- http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2...haus.org/statistics/spammers.lasso&frame=true.

Now only because they produce some of the world biggest spammers does not mean the whole country is full of them. And if you think this is doing business than this is the worst form of business ethics I have ever come across.

Oh yeh one more thing check the worst spam origin countries as well and tell me where does it mention India-

Rank Country Number of Current
    Known Spam Issues
    United States 1873
    China 459
    Russia 240
    United Kingdom 184
    Japan 166
    South Korea 160
    Germany 160
    Netherlands 138
    Canada 122
    Italy 111

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  8. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I might sound rude but the most spam on this planet comes from the us not India.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Spam is irrelevant. That isn't what I'm talking about at all.

Pete

GADOOD, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  10. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol. Than what are you talking about? I think you just want to say that only because a small portion of the population from a specific country is doing something wrong the whole population should be held responsible. You think racism is a bigger word than why not make it "IGNORANCE". This is the worst form of business practice I have ever come across.

In simple business terms buddy remember one thing. If you need to make it big you need to think big. And to think big you need to think globally.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  11. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the tip of the iceberg as to why publishers in your country may be viewed more cautiously.

Do you think this happens (and is a growing industry) in the USA or the UK for example?

No, and that is perhaps why some affiliate companies don't 'usually' allow Indian publishers. ..or publishers from other 'problem' countries.

Pete

GADOOD, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  12. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup you just googled "click fraud India" and got a matching post which grabbed you attention. Hey but tell me one thing. Which country has the most internet users and if a person is surfing the web from India he would only get adsense ads relevant to India. Mostly advertised by indian advertisers. Therefore explain one simple fact to me that how do only Indians affect the us advertisers in adsense? Read this post- http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/9138.htm.

Think before you say something. Google has the best tools in the market. They know how to catch a proxy therefore indian surfers can not affect us based adsense ads. Therefore all click frauds caused in the us and all those banned threads you witness are of us publishers and not only indians. When it comes to adsense for us or uk publishers. It's the click fraud groups in those countries which click.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  13. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely and without a doubt it happens in those and many other countries. Indian surfers can in no way shape or form affect adsense ads targeted to us based surfers. Therefore people in those countries are certainly faking some clicks for sure. Even when you use proxies Google’s system detects that and does not show any Google ads most of the times.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  14. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    And you have mentioned this in a way as if it has never happened in those countries. And not only think I have seen it happen time and again. I have been refunded my adwords money several times for fake clicks from Google for my US, UK, Australia targeted ads.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  15. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't mentioned it in that way at all.

Of course it happens everywhere, but if a vastly disproportionate number of Indians are engaging in such practices compared to the USA for example, well............ that's a problem right there, isn't it.

Pete

GADOOD, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  16. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    There could be no end to this argument and I can't help against free will. You are still saying the same thing but in a different language. Let me make it in laymen terms-

You are saying- "Only because some people in a specific country committed fraud the whole country should be held liable."

And when you give a person from a specific country different treatment from the rest only based on the acts or actions of his countrymen than I would call it racism or maybe ignorance.

Mark my words- "ALL FINGERS IN YOUR HAND ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE". Similarly not all people are the same. You have the good ones and the bad one's everywhere.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  17. asterix

asterix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/17/click_fraud_increasing/

The study indicated that the highest percentage of click fraud - more than 88 per cent - originated from within the US and Canada. Outside North America, click fraud was most prevalent in India, increasing 26 per cent in the second quarter.

:rolleyes:

but anyway i dont think it affiliate manager was being racist . he was just being cautious.

asterix, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  18. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have just proven my point about click fraud.

Now coming down to the affiliate manager issue he said "We usually do not". Not only this he got very slow in replying to my questions. And reluctance was prevalent in his way of talking to me. I would not bite him out that he needs to be cautious lol. I have been in this industry for almost two years now.

One simple question I would like to ask is- Would he show the same treatment to a publisher from US?

The answer is simple probably not. But with an Indian he has to be cautious lol.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  19. NikoShark

NikoShark Peon

Best Answers:
    :) Please take it as it is. It is not a rasism.
    You know they say:
    Italians just bla bla bla and no good biz.
    Most carders and cheaters from russia.
    India is a poor country and they cheat cause they want fast and easy money.
    All afroamericans a gangsters....

All that is not true, they only say so.
    There are cheaters and carders all over the world.
    Italians do really talk much and fast, but they make ferrary, PIZZZZAAA and Fashion and other things.
    Indians do really cheat sometimes, but residents from all countries do that in different way.
    At last there are tons of criminals worldwide....
    So it is just a stereotype we have to fight with... no rasism.

NikoShark, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  20. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    And you generalized everything. According to you afro Americans are gangster’s lol. Indians cheat. And Russia is full of cheaters as well. So now tell me one thing. The 5th richest man in the world who is an Indian cheated? There are so many afro American people who are successful businessmen were they all gangsters at first wearing baggy pants and orange hair loll?

Again if not racism let's call it generalization. If one is wrong than the whole country is. To be honest I have not seem one person on this thread with one valid explanation.

ryanman, Jun 28, 2007 IP