1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quora Experts: Why would view counts shift drastically?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Forsh, Jan 28, 2017.

I am still learning how to use Quora well, I now that in the short run of about 6-months, I have written quite a bit. None to game SEO, long and researched answers, some shorter ones, all-in-all a good mix. I had 2 replies smacked down, I had no idea that posting a meme picture was looked down upon when responding to funny questions, but I do now. One of my main answers about homeless people and signs got collapsed due to this, the other wasn't a very popular answer. However, I was 1 position from being the #1 writer on Quora for homelessness. My views didn't trickle off, if they did I probably would have noticed and corrected anything I may have done to cause a penalty, well, I actually have n idea if Quora mods do penalize, or if they just collapse answers.

Outside of collapsing or removing posts due to a TOS violation, what else would cause my numbers to go from 60-70k a month, to 19k or thereabouts?

The blogs don't generate almost any traffic, but I am sort of using it as a home-base for now as my photo-blog. The regulation for blogs still isn't clear to me, but I don't know that me posting my personal photography that is beneficial to viewers and 0% spam, 0% seo, wold cause any complications.

I searched Google for an answer to this, and there were lots of posts asking the same thing. One of the better suggestions came from a long-time user who said that if categories merge -- then the statistics may be removed. Do any of you have any experience with this? I mean, I really didn't like Quora for the longest time, and now I think it was because I didn't understand how it worked. My first question captured a moderators attention and the smack-down was laid on me for my question as not being serious. My first answer got collapsed in less than 5-minutes. My first username got my account frozen until it was withing the TOS of Quora. I didn't know about the rules for that either -- I guess I should start reading more instead of trying to wing-it.

For those of you who don't have Quora accounts.....you must use your "real name". Some of you probably think you're clever, and nobody will ever notice you. Don't be the guy that answers 200+ questions only to get your account deleted, or suspended if a nice mod finds out.

I got a little bit long-winded there, but if you are familiar with Quora and have some tips, techniques, or other useful suggestions when using it, please share! You have my full attention. This is seriously the strangest Social Network I have ever used, but it *feels* to me that Quora is unique in some way that I am not seeing. If you want to see what I mean by that -- go there and search for names you know, specifically people who do content marketing, seo, digital marketing, etc.

• Rand from MOZ is there.
    • The CEO of bitly answers questions there.
    • Guy Kawasaki answers questions there.

These guys know what they're doing for sure, but I can't reverse engineer how they are using Quora.

Ideas?

Forsh, Jan 28, 2017 IP