1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quickbooks users: What type of company are you?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by UndiesHosting, Jan 31, 2006.

I'm finally getting around to the new years resolution of organizing all of my income from internet related sources under 1 umbrella.

At the very beginning of creating a business file it asks what type of business you are. My first instinct was "service" since their are no physical goods, but I just noticed under the Advertising/PR category there is an "Internet Income" account which looks pretty good.

Just wondering how others have set theirs up?

In case anyone wants specifics on the revenue streams, it would be affiliate programs, hosting fees, freelance programming projects and yahoo ads.

UndiesHosting, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  2. theblade24

theblade24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're reading into it too much. All it does is setup a basic chart of accounts based on your "business type".

I think you can see somewhere sample charts of accounts for each business type......or make a company, look at the chart, delete and make another if needed until you find the one you want.

It is also very easy to delete, hide, make new, whatever you need to do to your chart of accounts later.

If you pick a type of company that night use inventory it probably also turns on inventory tracking in options area. So think about what you are doing there too......but anything is easy to change.

theblade24, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  3. UndiesHosting

UndiesHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm familiar with the quickbooks system, I've run a few inventory related companies through it for a few years. What I was asking is for suggestions on what works well for internet-related service type businesses. Trial and Error is not what I was looking for.

UndiesHosting, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  4. marylouise

marylouise Peon

Best Answers:
    Quickbook hosting is great software provide nice user friendly GUI,which helps user to easily manage real time accounting data over internet.

marylouise, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  5. lansophie

lansophie Peon

Best Answers:
    There have the missing form the forum,the forum Michael Kors outlet is in a busy life away the time of their friends to take care,concern at the end of the heart will never change.the network let us together.the bolg space have your and make more colorful.the blog space of a blessing form a friend sincere heart,I wish the most good things belong to you and happy time with the accompanying you forever.

lansophie, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  6. angila palin

angila palin Member

Best Answers:
    QuickBooks is software solution to use for small and medium business. This is a basically use to manage the accounts.There are so many company's CPA are use this software.

angila palin, Oct 3, 2017 IP