1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quick review please

Discussion in 'Websites' started by CollectionDX, Jun 14, 2004.

Since I just got my 10 posts, I thought I'd throw my site out for you to comment on.

Just my main site - CollectionDX

I am in the middle of a redesign, and I am looking for ways to improve on this design for search engine optimization.

Version 2 of the site will add commenting on entries, user log-in, and other great goodies.

Thanks in advance.

CollectionDX, Jun 14, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    For what it is worth, your title and keyword list seem long.

I believe most people currently are targeting no more than three keyword phrases per page and are designing site so each page targets different keywords.

The advice I have been given is to limit title to about 8 words and description to about 25 words.

Good luck,
    Shannnon

Smyrl, Jun 14, 2004 IP
  3. CollectionDX

CollectionDX Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks -

I'm going to try tweaking those some more today and see what i come up with.

Josh

CollectionDX, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  4. kash

kash Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the overall website look and feel. But I am surprised to see that all entries in yoru review section are more than a month old!

kash, Jun 17, 2004 IP
  5. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    Site design looks solid.

3 suggestions:

1) On the homepage you have the Quick Links section - This has the potential to have a lot of power but I think the way you have implemented it is throwing google for a loop. I can't figure out why, though.

Look at how google has this page indexed:

http://www.collectiondx.com/search_results.asp?txtKeywords=Bandai&Submit=Submit

On your site the title is correct and SEO'ed. In google the title is "collectionDX.com - Search Results".

Some of the quick links aren't even in Google --- maybe you have recently been modifying this section?

So - to the point ... Here's what I recommend with "Quick Links":

a) Make sure the anchor text is exactly the keyword phrases you want to target and that the resulting page has the obvious on-page SEO.

b) Keep the "Quick Links" section on all search results pages.

c) Modify the search results to show only 20 results and then a link at the bottom to "Show All Results". This, combined with a & b above will really focus the PR and linking to the Quick Links pages which become your SERPs magnets.

Caveat for b & c above ... IF you already own the serps for the quick links anchor text OR if the estimated search results for those search phrases is not significantly more than for the keywords of all your other pages, then ignore all of this! ;)

2) On your collection_list.asp page --- only list the collections on your site and then at the bottom or maybe as a link on the top say something like "44 Additional Linked Collections" which is a link to another page listing these external collections.

3) Now, with the changes from 1c & 2 you have a lot of pretty strong PR pages without an overly high link count. Go searching for good link partners and you will have excellent inventory to work with by offering footer or sidebar links on these pages. <damn - another oppotunity for me to plug - i'll hold back this time ;)>

Nitin M, Jun 19, 2004 IP