1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quick Question! Used a fake name on a paypal account

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by confused123, Sep 18, 2012.

Okay I used a fake name on a paypal account (yes that was a very stupid move). I only sent money once but got locked as it asked for my to verify my account. My email that I on my primary account have my first and last name on the email address so I didn't want someone to see that. It didn't dawn on me that I could just change my email. Now the fake name account has a balance of 2 dollars to verify my card. Now that my account is frozen, what can I do? I don't want to tell paypal that I used a fake name. Do I just abandon the account instead of trying to close it?

confused123, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  2. bloodmage478

bloodmage478 Member

Best Answers:
    If you can call them, let them know that you need a name change to verify account as you used a different name to protect your identity being disclosed or something. Good luck

Yeah it was a stupid move to use a fake name and now you are trying to verify and recover it.

bloodmage478, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  3. confused123

confused123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't they say that I violated their TOS by using a fake name? What would happen from there? Would they take legal action against me?

4. bloodmage478

bloodmage478 Member

Best Answers:
    No they wont take legal action. But your account is unrecoverable if you ask me.

Yes they will say you have violated their TOS by using a fake name. What option do you have after getting the account frozen?

bloodmage478, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  5. confused123

confused123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I would want to know is will they try to contact me or will it just remain frozen, so I can just abandon it correct?