1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quick ClickBank Affiliate Tip: Send your Buyer directly to the Order Page

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ziffgone, Dec 7, 2007.

Hello all,

Thought I'd post this here for your convenience.

Let's say you have created an exceptional landing page or product review page and your visitor is pretty much sold on the product you're promote just from your page. Why send them to yet another sales page, the Vendor's sales page, and have them possibly lose interest.

There is a little known way that ClickBank doesn't advertise to send your visitor directly to the Vendor's ClickBank order page without sending them through your hoplink that will still give you credit for the sale.

Let's say you're promoting a product sold by the ClickBank vendor "cbvmonitor". Go to their sales page and copy their order link. Should look like this: http://1.cbvmonitor.pay.clickbank.net

Now, to send your visitor directly to their order page and get credit for the sale, modify this link like so:

http://1.YOURNICKNAME_cbvmonitor.pay.clickbank.net

HTML:
    Whola! You can now make your own kick-butt landing page, sales page, or review page and send your "sold" visitor directly to the Vendor's order page. :)

Enjoy.

Regards,
    Perry.

ziffgone, Dec 7, 2007 IP
    vic_msn likes this.
  2. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you certain it works 100%?

ryanman, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  3. ziffgone

ziffgone Peon

Best Answers:
    Better than your hoplink. :)

It sends an affiliate variable directly to CB instead of setting a cookie and relying on the visitor's cookies not being blocked in any way. However, it also sets the clickbank cookie, so should the visitor decide not to buy right then, and they do so at a later time, you still get credit through the regular cookie method.

Regards,
    Perry.

ziffgone, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  4. falafelfro

falafelfro Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand the benefit of this if you wish to create your own sales page and bypass the publisher page entirely.

however, you lose the benefit of the cookie, because the potential buyer only gets their cookie set if they click the purchase link.

falafelfro, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  5. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would really need to have a very professional looking landing page as well. I think (for the most part) that the vendor's page offers credibility.

anarmyofme, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  6. ziffgone

ziffgone Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the same with your hoplink though. If you have a landing page and simply link to the vendor with your hoplink, it results in the same thing. The cookie only gets set if the visitor clicks on the link. With this technique though, you can sell your visitor on the product and not subject them to the vendor's lengthy sales page after already selling them on it.

There are ways to set the affiliate cookie on the landing page without needing them to click the link, but it's considered cookie stuffing and you can be ban from ClickBank and any other affiliate program if they find out you are doing so.

Regards,
    Perry.

ziffgone, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  7. Kestal

Kestal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hah! I blogged about this not too long ago. Its a pretty good method :) It beats the landing pages that have dotted borders and yellow highlights every third word contrasted with bright red letters as the headings. :| It can get old. (Though, to avoid any clickbank disputes, its always best to ask the advertiser, but I do not think they will mind as long as they get their money from it - especially if they have a poor landing page that is not converting as well as they hope).

Kestal, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  8. downloadsonline.org

downloadsonline.org Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a problem with this link format.
    This wont override a cookie set by normal clickbank hoplink.
    example:

first visit any vendor site using your normal hoplink:
    http://affnick.vendornick.hop.clickbank.net

then,
    enter using this link:
    http://1.otherAffNick_vendNick.pay.clickbank.net
    replace any affiliate nickname in this link, it wont work.
    only the first affiliate nickname sent using normal hoplink will be shown!!

So, you can lose your commission!!

downloadsonline.org, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  9. Kestal

Kestal Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a very good point. I just tested this from your clickbank mall site. Then plugged in my link. It definitely does not overide the first cookie. It shows your first one.

Also, it does not work in reverse either. The original hop link overides the pay direct merchant pay link. So although you can get by the merchants bad landing page with it, there is a major risk and downside to this, aswell.

If someone clicks on the landing page with the hop link, finds it to be a bad landing page and gets turned away, within the 90 days of cookie tracking, if they log into your site and find the same product but are happy with how you presented it, it will STILL go to the original hop-link from the other person. That is a major problem, I must admit.

So to recap:
    If publisher 1 gets someone to go through the correct process/landing page with the hop link, it over-rides your direct pay link (even though you have your own landing page).

If someone goes to your site and likes it, but then searches around and finds the same product on someone else's site, but decides to then go back to your site and purchase it because you present it better: They get the money.

I guess you have to really rely on creating a grand-slam landing page in order to entice people to show up, if not, then chances are you will lose your commission and this neat trick (which by the way isn't something new), is pretty much pointless. Thats why when I plan submit a few of my ebooks that I have been working on to clickbank, I intend to hire a professional designer to create decent landing pages and use my own cookies to keep track, too.

Kestal, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  10. getjacked

getjacked Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand you can lose your commission using this method but
    I still like it.

Does anyone know how to use this method with paydotcom?

getjacked, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  11. sikandar

sikandar Active Member

Best Answers:
    So is there any other way to go directly to the clickbank order page and override the previouus cookie wihout cookie stuffing?

sikandar, May 22, 2008 IP
  12. llun

llun Banned

Best Answers:
    I wrote an ebook on how to do this like 6 months ago but no one bought it so i deleted it...Here is how you can still get cookied and link directly to the sales page have on the buy link, link to a java redirect that is delayed 2 or 3 seconds to load a page that has two frames one linked to your hop link the other saying please wait while we redirect you to order page..make the frame that says this take up the whole window..when after 2 or 3 seconds the java redirect script will redirect to the order page with your aff id and a cookie..I switched over to the new way described above more browsers support it not all support frames/java etc..and i am not promoting to a niche where there is going to be a lot of clickbank cookies on ppls hds..

llun, May 22, 2008 IP
  13. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. I've been wanting to learn how to bypass the sales page for so long.

Skribblez, May 25, 2008 IP
  14. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Look like you are not making any distinction between a presell page and the merchant page.

While they might look similar to the inexpericenced, they are 2 totally different things.

- If you want to create your own sales/merchant page to sell the product, and totally replace the crappy merchant page, you can do so but apart from the cookie not triggering if a sale is not done straight away, sometimes direct linking to the payment page does not work either. - not advisable.

If by "landing page or product review" you mean that you are just preselling the product, you obviously have no idea what preselling is. A presell page is totally different than the merchant page and should not be a replacement - its just used to prepare the potential buyer to buy (increase conversion greatly when done right) and not selling the product itself.

good Luck!:)

web_18designer, May 26, 2008 IP
  15. digitalballer

digitalballer Member

Best Answers:
    Just found this old thread in google--I'd like to know as well. Does anyone know how to do the bypass method with paydotcom?

digitalballer, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  16. JulianHyde

JulianHyde Peon

Best Answers:
    i du know wheter it is work or not..
    but i will try..
    :)

JulianHyde, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  17. ziffgone

ziffgone Peon

Best Answers:
    This method can be used, but instead of having the Javascript redirect in the top frame, show your new sales page with your order link as a link directly to the merchant's order page.

Note: May not be reliable in IE because PayDotCom does not output a P3P Compact Privacy Policy Header. I just sent them a Help Desk ticket regarding this, so we'll see what their answer is. I'll post back when received.

Regards...

ziffgone, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  18. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For more fun with this build a page on your site named

order.html

Then iframe the merchants order link

Visitor thinks they are still on your site, and yet are filling in the merchants offer directly.

Works with any offer not just clickbank...

:D

Sem-Advance, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  19. elladrone

elladrone Peon

Best Answers:
    @18 does this work (as in, CB accepts it)? I was trying something similar with a phone id service recently...

elladrone, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  20. NazStory

NazStory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well you can make two buttons on your landing page

1)BUY NOW button > send them straight to the order form
    2)FIND OUT 'EVEN' MORE button. > Sales page

NazStory, Dec 28, 2009 IP
    elladrone likes this.