1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions to VBSEO users

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by korzon, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Does it really help increase search engine traffic?
    2. Have you had performance issues with it? I heard it causes VBulletin to take X5 more resources.

korzon, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a VBSeo user, but I'll state my input...

1: It will only help increase search engine traffic if you a few sites linking to your community, what is VBSeo without links to the site?
    2: I was reading last night that the VBSeo programmers has optimized the heck out of the software so it doesn't cause any perfomance issues.

Hope that helps.

ForgottenCreature, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  3. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
  4. Bonsai_Ryan

Bonsai_Ryan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I'm not even going to comment on the price thing that was covered in both those links. However, I do have VBSeo along with their Yahoo/Google sitemaps and nofollow sig links (both free) and I have to say that after 3-4 months it made a huge difference in indexed pages in Yahoo/Google. Unfortunately I put everything in at once so I can't tell you just what mod did what. An example: in December before putting in VBSeo I had a paultry 100-200 pages in url for Google, I now have around 6,570. Yahoo actually does (for me) quite a bit better (~9,000). Has it translated into better search engine responses? Yes, especially in Yahoo and MSN. Google seems to be lagging behind a bit but we are certainly higher than we were four months ago.

To me VBSeo was worth not having to deal with the hassle of rewrites etc, it was just a plug and go. I would much rather work on the content of my site than coding because that's what I really love. However VBSeo shouldn't be looked at as the end-all-be-all of SEO. There are other things you can and should do.

Another thing that went into my decision to buy VBSeo was the timing. After reading their forums a lot of big boards complained about dropping off of the search engines for a short time after installing VBSeo. Since I am a farily new forum (just over a year old) I figured it would be better to change everything sooner than later.

Just my .02 :)

Bonsai_Ryan, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ive commented on this subject enough.

joeychgo, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  6. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where? Got links? ;)

petertdavis, Apr 9, 2006 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  7. saidev

saidev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to check out this free plugin called vRewrite at vbulletin.org, I've just installed it and it's working pretty good; but I've never used VBSEO before.

saidev, Apr 9, 2006 IP