1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions about graphics

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by ultimatehandyman, Feb 12, 2009.

Sorry if this question seems a bit dumb, but I had a logo made for my site a few years back. The logo was in .jpg .gif .psd and .eps formats.

I have been to a sign manufactirers who can make Vinyl signs from my log to stick on my van, but the only problem is that he says that the images I have are no good as they pixelate when enlarged.

The psd and eps files are over 2mb each and I though these could be enlarged without the image pixelating?

The image needs to be enlarged so that it is 500mm high, does this sound possible from the psd or the eps?

Thanks in advance.

ultimatehandyman, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    what you need is a vector. Yes, EPS (encapsulated PostScript) is a vector format, but if your image was designed as a Bitmap image it doesn't matter what format it is saved in.

Typically vectors are small files. A logo can be 40k and be just fine - and scalable to fit the size of australia without pixellization, but if it's a bitmapped image you need to create it at a very very high resolution - which is likely the case here. For a bitmapped image, 2mb isn't that large.

innovati, Feb 12, 2009 IP
  3. freebanner

freebanner Active Member

Best Answers:
    u need 300 dpi (pixels/dots per inch) or 600dpi better, if your using a non vector format.

that mean if you want 500mm high = 50cm = 19 inches, therefore image should be 19x300(dpi) high. =6000 ish do the math :)

freebanner, Feb 13, 2009 IP
  4. ultimatehandyman

ultimatehandyman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies Guys, much appreciated!

I have a friend who is a graphic designer and so I'll get him to take a look at it.

Thanks again.

ultimatehandyman, Feb 13, 2009 IP