1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions about content: product endorsements and Associations

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by timecoderror, Apr 18, 2006.

I am developing two sites, one a "how to" technical site and the other a topic that has alot of Associations attached to it.
    First the how - to: I will be explaining how to use particular software applications and I will need to talk about specific brands. How do I explain to readers that I use a particular software personally but I don't endorse that product over others I list on my website (or that are contained in google adsense)?

Second: I want to list Associations on my other site because they are a big part of this topic. Do I have to contact each and every Association to ask permission to link to them? I am sure the answer is yes, but sheesh, that's alot of work when I feel like I am doing them a favor. I of course will if that's the web protocol and will get more visitors in the long run. I know they would also want to make sure I was a quality site for their link.

Thank you so much for helping newbies.

timecoderror, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    You are overthinking this project.

You cannot explain how to use something unless you are using something. Just write objectively and as simply as possible to help people make good use of the software you are describing. Unless you are rating the software, do not worry about the thought that you might be endorsing something. If you are really concerned find other products in the area and try them out. That could also lead to feature comparison articles.

If you are developing a links page, develop a links pages. Do not imply and/or state that you are being endorsed by the people and sites to which you are providing links. Make it clear they provide additional resources for users. If someone has a problem with their site being mentioned they will let you know. But, if your site is serious, it would be unusual for someone to say something.

clancey, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  3. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are worried about endorsing, create pages with your preferred software and the competitive products. Then in your articles you can reference that I use "ABC software for XYZ, but click here for info/articles/reviews on all XYZ software available".

Do be careful about mentioning the AdSense ads, even stating that you do not endorse anything advertised in the AdSense ads can be considered drawing attention to the ads.

Jenstar, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  4. timecoderror

timecoderror Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad to hear I was overthinking and I can move forward more quickly without being so careful. But Jen, thanks, I will be carefuel not to reference anything about the ads.

timecoderror, Apr 20, 2006 IP