1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questionable sites, what is ok really?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Jim_Westergren, Aug 28, 2005.

Hi,

I have recently seen a few sites and I really wonder if it is ok.

http://w ww.finditonline.ws
    http://w ww.moneydotweb.com/article/index.php
    http://w ww.heteren.net

Jim_Westergren, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just had a brief look at Heteren.net - not the most comprehensive site, but there's information there. It's obviously Built for AdSense, but then aren't most sites /us/ lot build? Just beef up the page with more value to users. Add a few sections on life insurance for example covering various aspects. Maybe add a review section on various companies and add some 'reviews' and encourage visitors to add their own - The upside of that is, the more sections, the more articles, the more traffic and the more valuable the site is.

At least you're acompaning the adverts with content and not complete junk at present.

Maybe sprucing up the layout with colours and making the page feel more like a rich site would be a good idea.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  3. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just to make it clear, these are not my sites.

heteren.net is the best example of the three.

Thanks for your view Gadood, nice to see what people thinks about this, as for me I am not certain what is right or not.

Jim_Westergren, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  4. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a difficult quesiton to answer.
    Q) What's OK
    A) Whatever you can get away with.
    If you've any doubts, email G they'll tell you if they think it's OK or not.
    If the site is borderline spam, then you need to realise that you might have to sacrifice it at the next algo change.

jlawrence, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  5. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen lots of pages like this and even companies that offer templates to do this.

Johnburk, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  6. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Finditonline is interesting. I wonder if it has any original content at all.

It has an alexa rank of 26740. Must be getting some traffic for sure.

Google is much more bothered about kicking out people doing click fraud than kicking out people who make sites for adsense. Whether a site is made for adsense or not is a subjective matter. I havent seen anyone losing his account just coz google thought his content was not good enough. Even if its a one page site, till the content makes sense, Google isnt much worried.... unlessss you make something like this:

www.me-myself.cjb.net ( this guy lost his account few days back,,:) )

sachin410, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  7. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    They all fall within the terms, but if there is ever any question about fraud, they have a bad start.

TooHappy, Aug 28, 2005 IP