1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question :- Which Webhost and the Plan I should select .

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by supercops, Mar 30, 2010.

Hello Guys

I think now I have come to the right place and My question will be answered here.

Recently all of you may have seen that there are quite a few of the "website value checker " websites that are getting a lot of traffic daily .

Have also seen that these kings of websites also creates small files in the database( cache) for the fater rettrieval the next time when the user tries to evaluate the same site.

My question is if the site is getting a lot of traffic and is generating a lot of small database files on daily basis ( e.g www dot websiteoutlook dot com ) which host should we select as I have read some where that even if the host is providing "unlimited" disk space they still have restriction on the number of files before we get the warning message.

Please let me know which host/ plan will be better in this case which can provide

1. Good server speed / good RAM
    2. Unlimited Bandwidth .
    3. Unlimited Disk space with no limit on the number of total files
    4. 100% uptime

Over all a good host for these category of sites.

Thanks in Advance for all those who will answer this query

supercops, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  2. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what kind of resources such a site will use, but I am sure that before you hit any BW/Space limit, you will hit your server resources limit.

And whatever the type of site you should have, stay away of Unlimited Space and Bandwidth providers. Because there is nothing unlimited about them. Are you having any problem with your host in terms of BW/Space ???

I will suggest you to check your last moths stats, see how much Space/BW you will need. Then try to find providers within your budget and requirements. (Don't bother looking into unlimited providers)

If you are having any issue with server resources, then you might need VPS or Semi-dedicated hosting.

Fastian, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  3. supercops

supercops Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Fastian

Regarding the resources, I dont think these sites use much of a resorce , the only question in terms of resources is that if for example there are 1000 users at a single moment , then what kind of a host is a perfect one for handling 1000+ users using the same script to evaluate there sites. Is sharred host a good option in this scenerio or only VPS or dedicated ?

Will Shared host allow this much of a traffic and this much of new files generated everyday ?

Fastian likes this.
  4. fmirza

fmirza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, You are right, that no one offer Unlimited DiskSpace in real, there is always a CAP, when you reached there they will start arguing with you, i have that problem with couple of companies.
    I will suggest you to go for you own Server, if you can afford, otherwise the real unlimited space is hard to find.

fmirza, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  5. shivam0000

shivam0000 Member

Best Answers:
    If you want free hosting i think you should use 000space

shivam0000, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  6. supercops

supercops Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for Jumping in to this thread without actually reading what this thread is all about :)

I am looking for a good paid host that offers " unlimited files "..... I am not talking about "unlimited diskspace" ....but "unlimited files"

7. shivam0000

shivam0000 Member

Best Answers:
    shivam0000, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  8. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think traffic or that much files would me a problem with any reputed shared host. The only problem I see is with server resources. (CPU, Mysql, etc). If you are already using shared host for that site, ask your host about resource usage because only they can give you details about that.

Generally, I would say, try some "Semi-Dedicated" providers first (If you are having any issues right now). That is essentially shared hosting but with more server resources. If that wouldn't work out for you, then you might need a decent looking VPS. (With reasonable budget) But I dont think you will need a server for that site any time soon.

Fastian, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  9. FeralCry

FeralCry Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say hostgator has provided me with everything I ever required for this business. There's my two cents.

FeralCry, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  10. WebIntellects - Rob

WebIntellects - Rob Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have huge web site (web based project) I think that worth to shift your search to dedicated server. Your web site will use not only space and bandwidth. It will use RAM and CPU as well and that could be limited on the shared web hosting.

WebIntellects - Rob, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  11. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By files,do you mean legal files?
    And what type of files you refer to?
    .exe?

mentos, Apr 2, 2010 IP