1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question : What are the consequences of using the same AdSense unit in more than on page

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by evry1falls, Dec 20, 2013.

As the title says and I don't believe I can explain clearer. I have a Blogger and a Website and I'm using AdSense ... I was wondering :
    What are the consequences of using the same AdSense unit in more than on page, or even in the whole blog posts or website ?

Also, Is it OK to use AdSense units inside posts [Between the posts lines] in blogger ?

evry1falls, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  2. henry_nguyen

henry_nguyen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think they only allow 3 units per page. doesnt matter which unit size.. you can have 3x 300x250 on the same page

henry_nguyen, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  3. dary5ro

dary5ro Member

Best Answers:
    So, you have a blogger page and another website, and you use adsense on both.
    Ok, you can insert adsense code between your post lines but is not wise to do that.
    - visitors who came on your page will see your ads and will know that you are desperate to show them the ads and they will not click; it's wise to put ads where people will look on your page, where is their attention, you need to blend your ads in your content.
    An adsense unit can be used on multiple pages of the same site, not on different urls.
    You need to create different adsense units for blogger and the other site, don't mix them up.
    Also, to make money with adsense you need to work every day or at least every week on your page/website and add more unique content.
    Once you gain some traffic, you will earn money as well.

dary5ro, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  4. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    You can't track the performance of the individual ad space using the same unit, that is the only real problem.

Yes to the 2nd question.

GregWR, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  5. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not true. You only need to create different ad units if you want to track them separately, as GregWR says.

For example, I have one standard-sized unit that I use on multiple pages of multiple sites, because I don't care about tracking it beyond the URL channel (i.e. site).

I'll add another vote for keeping ads to a minimum: one at the top, one somewhere else. Ad-filled sites are an instant turn-off for visitors. This is definitely a situation where "less is more": fewer ads will generate more income because there's less distraction and more focus on the site's content.

TIEro, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  6. evry1falls

evry1falls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I have 50 posts 'pages' in my blog about [This matter] and another blog about [That matter] that contains 20 posts 'pages', if I care less about tracking, can I use the same Ad Unit in all 70 posts 'pages' in both blogs ?
    If yes, does it affect the revenues ?

evry1falls, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  7. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that's fine and no it won't affect your revenue.

GregWR, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  8. evry1falls

evry1falls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you GregWR

evry1falls, Dec 21, 2013 IP
    GregWR likes this.
  9. sangram

sangram Member

Best Answers:
    GregWR is absultely right. Unless you care about performance you can use same unit 3 times on a same page.

sangram, Dec 23, 2013 IP