1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question regarding expired Gov Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by soul-healer, Sep 23, 2005.

Is it ok to register a domain name that is perviously owned by Government with still links on Gov sites ?

and if registeration is fine can i sale it ? what will be the possible price i can get ?

soul-healer, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    How are you going to register it? :confused:

fryman, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to be an official government epartment to register a .gov domain. I did some work for local government, and when I tried to register the domain on their behalf there was no way it was happenning. They OTOH got on the phone, faxed a purchase order confirmation over, and had it sorted in hours :(

Why do you think .gov domains are so prized ;)

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  4. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    ohh .. i am sorry i didnt communicate well ... i said government owned domain .. but it is not .gov it is .com but owned perviously by government department.

and listed on offical government site links.

5. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    1.Sure you can register it. You can register any name you like really. If there is no trademark involved your on the safe side. If there is a trademark your fine but your risking loosing the domain if they retaliate.

2. There is no set price for this, just like any domain. Some points you would be looking at is, what can this domain be used for. I mean a government domain really can't be used for many things really, yes it has links pointing to it which is great but then what? You cant really develop it unless you make like some education or political niche website cuz its not brandable really. Not to mention that domain will loose it's links very fast when they realize it expired and got a new owner that parked it.

INV, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  6. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the suggestions.

The Domain is expired a year ago and links are still on the website. I can start information site regarding that industry. Which might help me get some sponsors which in pakistan is really hard to find. though if domain has good PR i can ask for some Text Links ads from Relevant industry arround the globe that will help me make some money. At least have my domain name cost back.

Is any weight in my point?

7. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure there is some money to be made, however you are looking at small pies. However if that's what your expecting and are willing to do it, go on!

INV, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  8. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    i am new to domain business webmaster world though i am developer/designer for the last 3 years and still learning ... i want to be build online domain business and run websites that generates income for this i am curious to ask proffessional who are doing good in this business.

Looking of small pies .. didnt understand that .. please explain.

9. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    It means that you are looking into something that has small potencial to make money. Personally I wouldn't waste time on something that isn't going to bring me good money back.

INV, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  10. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats really increase my moral ... Think High Achive High ... thats should be the aim of every person .. but frankly saying while living in pakistan you can go to local companies as ask for sponsership because they treat you like begger ... Comming to shipping is costly enough to send goods to USA/UK/Canada so i still searching for some reasonable stream ..

Any suggestion from your side is highly apperciated.

Regards.