1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

QUestion regarding Blogging, came back after months away

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by medic2424, Jan 10, 2008.

Hello Guys, a year ago I was a pretty active blogger, making some ok money with adsense. I started working more and going to school and then I had to stop, but now I am coming back. Before, I was using blogger, so I was wondering if any of you know of sites where I can get some nice looking layouts other than the ones blogger provides. Before, wordpress didnt let you put adsense, you had to pay a fee, are they still like this? Thanks a lot guys and I am excited to be back!

Ed

medic2424, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't even mess around...go straight to self hosted wordpress, (wordpress.org), there are hundreds of templates , plug ins, and customizations available to you.
    Hosting is cheap. The benefits are endless.
    JMO

hmansfield, Jan 11, 2008 IP
    allout likes this.
  3. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree! It is best to self host a wordpress blog. I was a big blogger fan and only used paid hosting for websites. However, in December, I put up my first self hosted blog and am never looking back. It has so much more to offer that it is worth the money. That is what I recommend. However, if you decide not to, Blogger is the best for freebies. Just search Google for free blogger templates. I have never had much luck in that sense, so I use what they offer which is quite a lot now.

allout, Jan 11, 2008 IP