1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question re new Yahoo Search Marketing Interface

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by JesterMagic, Dec 23, 2006.

I actually don't mind the new interface but my one BIG issue is how do I move keywords around or combine adgroups.
    Obviously Yahoo should of realized that their automated created adgroups are not going to fit with what most people had in mine.

You can move adgroups between campgains but as far as I can tell you can't combine adgroups. I have over one hundred adgroups now and in reality I should only need about 25.

Does this mean I have to delete keywords from some adgroups and then add them in to the adgroups I want? Meaning I would be losing all click history with the keyword, going through the bogus editorial process, and wasting loads of time?

JesterMagic, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  2. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you can keep the keywords in the current campaign and just change the ads. So you will have multiple ad groups with the same ad but can keep the keyword history.

transburgh, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  3. AZhitman

AZhitman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Call Yahoo - Their customer service is actually pretty solid.

AZhitman, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  4. panama

panama Peon

Best Answers:
    You really can not change the groups they arbitrarily create for you. The platform is awful and is not workable at all. Do not believe customer service it stinks. I called them numerous times and they do not even know how to make it work and eventuially they say you can not do it. Complain and complain. If you are reading this and have not upgraded try to avoid it for as long as possible. Panama is a trick to get more money out of you. It takes five times longer to use. Sadly Panama is the best thing that happened to Google in years and now after Yahoo wrecks their business what will google pull on us?

panama, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  5. JesterMagic

JesterMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    I did email Yahoo on this issue and they replied back about using the import, export functionality to change around the adgroups.

JesterMagic, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  6. kdubette

kdubette Peon

Best Answers:
    The platform is awful. I manage 6 different accounts and the ad groups Yahoo chose were not what I would have set up. For one client, running 160-some keywords, they placed each keyword in its own ad group! And, managing bids? What a nightmare. What used to average minutes a day now takes at least an hour. And then there's the reporting, which is especially a nightmare for my clients with too many ad groups. I did speak with CS and they are going to try to condense the ad groups. Thing is, I've had to address this numerous times for each client. As far as my impression, it's a huge mess. I used to recommend Yahoo (Overture) over Google but I will no longer do so.

kdubette, Feb 20, 2007 IP
  7. mcastrigno

mcastrigno Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to delete everything and start over.
    While I was at it I removed broad matching so I don't have ads showing when I am already 6 or higher in organic results plus i turned of content matching.
    I figure my spending will end up being about 1/3 of what it was. This is a disaster for users and the company financially - I am going to short the stock - soon the failure of this system is going to leak out.

mcastrigno, Feb 20, 2007 IP