1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question re: Directory Categories

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by ROAR, Feb 11, 2005.

I finally just paid the fee and am in 2 categories...

Does that mean I just have 2 more links with my companies name as the anchor text?

or does the name of the category help at all re: ranking?

I ask b/c the title of my site has "phone systems" in it and the name of one the categories is "telephone systems"

Wondering if it would be beneficial to change the title of the site...

Cheers,

ROAR, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  2. kepa

kepa Peon

Best Answers:
    The directory listing won't help your organic listing as it is separate. However, my experience has been that your directory listing will rank for the terms in your description (that is what it seems) -- how high, who knows. Mine thankfully is #2 and my organic is number 4 for my main kwp and the category that my listing is in IS my main keyword phrase, so I guess that may be value added (the keyword phrase is in my title as well). Personally, I would modify my title to somehow include both phone systems and telephone systems just to be safe -- assuming they are both highly searched terms.

And yes, it is an expensive backlink (in your case two).

kepa, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  3. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    ROAR, also don't forget that the theme of the category page in great. Theme may not be extremely important now but it will be in the future. A good investment I think :)

seo-ireland, Feb 12, 2005 IP