1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question on duplecate content on article directory

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by alex06295, Jun 1, 2010.

I have an article directory, I just newly have built it, I am confused because users are submitting duplicate articles that are posted already on another directory, what should I do should I allow them to post duplicate content?

Whatever SEO disadvantage, I am not worrying about it, but I am worrying about copyright if the original content directory sue on my and may be they ban my website, what should I do?

However, I have seen same articles posted on different directory, so please tell me, how is it allowed. Articlesbase says that we post only original content, on the other hand ezinarticles.com says that we post original content but thousands of same articles posted on both the directory.

alex06295, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  2. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ideally your directory would contain only original articles. Since your site is not one of the top article directories it is not reasonable to expect anyone to submit original articles.

You have no worries about being sued. It is likely that the writer of the article is the one that submitted. If not, the author would contact you and ask you to take the article down before suing you.

CanadianEh, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  3. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.I am just getting started with articles and was wondering about posting duplicate articles. Perfect timing.

aeroz1, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  4. neiljhonson

neiljhonson Peon

Best Answers:
    Article distribution website can not have unique article because the article submitter submit article in number of article sites.

neiljhonson, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  5. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    You should totally come up with rules and regulations for your article directories. Copyright is a serious issue.. I think you really should be a little more strict to your writers

Justin_Dupre, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  6. calbeach

calbeach Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it is a common practice to submit the same articles to different article directories.

calbeach, Jul 8, 2010 IP