1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question of the day: How Can You Describe A Copy Writer? Is He/She A Seller Or A Communicator?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Eijaz Pardhan, Nov 19, 2014.

Looking for your suggestions. Give me your feedback.

Eijaz Pardhan, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  2. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    A copy writer is a communicator. A copywriter is a seller.

TextServices, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  3. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's like asking, whether a cop is an enforcer or a protector? The answer is - both. A good copywriter is someone, who sells in the middle of the conversation with the customers. I've seen some superb storytelling and people clicking "buy" links everywhere throughout that story. That's some premium copy. Unfortunately, it's pretty rare.

I think someone, who writes copy should actually believe the stuff that they're writing. That's why customers are the best brand advocates - they know that the product/service is great and they want to share it with other people. You can always see fake, empty copy from a mile away. I'm not talking about the quality, in terms of grammar. I'm talking about the quality in terms of sincerity and the actual knowledge of the product.

Alex Toll, Nov 20, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and Content Maestro like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some copywriting jobs involve selling and some do not. A good copywriter needs to be able to write to achieve the goals of the project, whatever they may be. I may want an article to educate, position a company or product, establish thought leadership, or other such functions and specifically not want to "sell" anything as a result of the copy.

Of course, all copywriting, by definition, is communication.

jrbiz, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  5. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Copywriter must be a good communicator, and must be best in persuasion--can make buyers buy or avail without really hard selling them. That's the art in it.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jan 11, 2016 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A copywriter writes advertising. Basically he/she is a salesman in print. Copywriting is an art, the art of writing persuasive ads that will hopefully induce people to part with their money.

Different target markets require different forms of communication, so the copywriter must be adaptable and be good at pinpointing the type of research required.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  7. bengr86

bengr86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Both. A true expert will also be able to tailor his product to one direction or the other, or any point in between, depending on what the user is looking for.

bengr86, Jan 27, 2016 IP