1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for the experienced webmasters....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by joshril, Apr 2, 2005.

I was just wondering what kind of expectations are realistic for a new site and how much site promotion you guys and gals put into your sites. I was spending 2-3 hours daily promoting my spyware site and my traffic really picked up... I have devoted less time over the past week to work on some other projects and have noticed a pretty decent dip in traffic. What are some things I can do to create some momentum in traffic or are my expectations too high for a site that has been up 1 month. I have been promoting my newest site in the same manner as the spyware site. Surely y'all that have several sites don't spend 2-3 hours per site?? If anyone has any suggestions on what I should be doing, marketing ideas, or even what my expectations should be based on the time a site has been up, I would appreciate it very much...

joshril, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    First off tell us how you are promoting the sites now other than forums, are webmasters your target market?

anthonycea, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  3. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    No, webmasters aren't my targets... I haven't really done much forum promoting other than in related forums (i.e. insurance forums and computer forums). I have submitted to several directories, gotten a few backlinks, and done some classifieds advertising...

joshril, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Then you will have to first identify the target of each site before anyone can help :eek:

anthonycea, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  5. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    The target is pretty broad... The spyware site appeals to any beginner to intermediate computer user worldwide.. and the insurance site appeals and could be useful to anyone 20-60 in the US.... Using this info and going back to the original post, any suggestions...

joshril, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  6. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just a note in general.....

I maintain many sites, which requires many hours of work... I actually do spend 2-3 hours per site per day and I notice the same things you do..

The more you put in, the more you get out.... I have definetly noticed that the more time I spend on a site, the more successful it becomes... You have to be aggressive if you want a site to work.. The net and markets in general are getting completely saturated....

To be on top, it takes alot of work... :)

clasione, Apr 2, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  7. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    That's kinda what I was thinking and I appreciate the reply. I have a couple of other sites in the works and maybe I have too many irons in the fire. I will probably just focus really hard on the sites I have online right now and devote the time to sites that have already proven they can generate some revenue. Thanks again.

joshril, Apr 3, 2005 IP