1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for Google Adsense!!!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by 114v, Mar 12, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    2% is for a small merchant account, when you are dealing with Billions of dollars the percentages come down.

The main reason is the interest Google makes on the funds as they sit in the bank, they have no incentive to move the money faster.

anthonycea, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  2. 114v

114v Peon

Best Answers:
    No no, can you tell me: YES or NO

YES ==> what payment?
    NO ==> :(

114v, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Small to who? The merchant, or the consumer? 2% is a pretty big chunk out of my take for doing virtually nothing.

I'm not sure what you mean by not moving the money faster. I have yet to see a check not arrive in a decent amount of time. The AdSense checks show up with a day or two of them being sent/approved. Like clock work, usually around the 26th of the month.

Mia, Mar 12, 2005 IP
  4. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    Google checks are send all around the world. There is no option to change the option of payment :(. I rather would like to loose 7-10% of payment than wait for mail (2 weeks or so (even 6-9 weeks)) plus 6 weeks for realizing money in bank.
    In US there is no problem with checks (I think).

tomecki, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Exactly my point, MIA may be happy with it, but many want electronic funds transfer and the reason again is that interest made on 100's of millions of dollars in the bank even for one day is considerable for Google.

Plus think of the checks that get lost and no one ever complains about or even finds them to cash or deposit.

anthonycea, Mar 13, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I guess I still do not understand. Are you that desparate for the money? Even if it takes several weeks to received the check, the duration in which you are approved, and receive a check should still be on an equal spread. So if you are say approved on the 20th, payment sent on they 24th, then it takes 6 weeks to get the check, the previous check out have alread arived, and the next one would have already been on the way. The cycle should still be 30 days on average. What's the problem?

Mia, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    The check is fine by me :). I would suggest that those that want ETF or PayPal payment need the dough. I don't think any AS publisher should put themselves in that position.

Where were we before AS came along?

Homer, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    We all "need" the income, as any additional income is always better.. But again, if you are approved in January and it takes 6 weeks to get a payment. And if you are approved in February and it takes 6 weeks to get your payment, and so on, again what is the big deal? After the initial 6 weeks, you are still on a 30 day cycle. So 2 weeks into march you recieve January's payment, 30 days from there, you have February, 30 days from there you have March.

It's not like there is a 6 week gap in between every payment. I do not understand the logic here.

Utimately I think you are right though. If this is made available, ie., payment via say PayPal, or Direct deposit, it should be just that, an option!!! Further to that, the costs should be paid 1000% by those requesting the middle man leeching services.

Mia, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    MIA, why not just put it in a bottle throw it in the ocean and hope the west winds get it there in time to save 1% :p :p :p

10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Does anybody have any background on this company http://www.clicksor.com/

Homer, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Homer, it may be best to just start a thread on them versus discussing it here.

But I do see that it is on topic because we are discussing payments and I see they offer PayPal payoffs and that is good :)

12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Anthony you could be right, I was thinking the same thing. But the payment plan seems relevant to this conversation. I am just rying to find out if anyone has used them for publishing?

Homer, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, folks have used them here Homer, if you do a search on that keyword you will find threads do exist here on the subject, you could just ask the question on the end of that thread :) ;)

14. vord

vord Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope so. They may as well have 5% for all I care. Overseas publishers tend to pay between 10% and 20% to their banks for fees with US dollar checks of around $100.

I can't believe Google aren't aware of this and that they aren't offering publishers an alternative at however extortionate a rate. That would beat money sitting in a bank for a few days.

EDIT - I think they'll do it as soon as some really decent competition starts up. 20% is a lot.

vord, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That sucks Vord, Google is aware of this and should address these issues before Yahoo does because a lot of publishers will switch over things like this :) :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. vord

vord Peon

Best Answers:
    It's painful to give money to a bank. I really hate the way banks own everything, have billions in profit each year, and still charge such extortionate rates for everything. I'd be tempted to switch to a roughly equivalent (even 20% worse) programmes if it would help me avoid paying money to banks.

vord, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree, bankers are scum of the earth, they steal money from the poor, the worse your credit score is the more interest they charge.

If you have no money and bounce a check they charge you more money because you have no money.

Credit card interest rates for those who are poor keep them poor, 21% plus, yes bankers are scum of the earth, no doubt about it.

But they will bend over and kiss arse for those who have Billions in a hurry, we call those that do such things whores here in the USA....... :eek:

18. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Thanks...really helpful...appreciate it :)

Homer, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  19. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    I dont mind the small paypal fee, faster payments are a plus.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  20. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:

The problem is with mail... Lately my check was lost... and this cycle is broken.

tomecki, Mar 13, 2005 IP