1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for article marketers - How much do you make per month ?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by simplyjo, Aug 22, 2009.

1. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    That seems pretty good for one niche, I am in about 3 and not getting that, then again I haven't been taking it very seriously. How many articles a month do you write to average that $50?

mlord10, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  2. john7334

john7334 Peon

Best Answers:
    A boatload. Too many, but WTF. When you don't that much about proper linkbuilding and that kind of thing, this is what I am left doing - submitting articles like a fool.

I am now trying to get into more linkbuilding and that kind of nonsense so I don't have to write as much. In other words, build links to the articles that are doing well, and building web 2.0 properties that also link to my site and the articles that are performing.

I am going to get SE Nuke in a few days to get rolling on that. I also want to join a good article submission directory to further distribute my content. So, I will need a good spinning software, too.

I figure if I spend a couple of hundred dollars a month wisely, I'll be able to ratchet up my income to the point where I can outsource even further. Which hopefully will mean even more money.

john7334, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  3. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Mid $x,xxx - low $xx,xxx :) It depends. Article marketing can be quite expensive though.

evelinawilliams007, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  4. john7334

john7334 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you expound on that a little.

Beyond outsourcing for articles written by humans (this in an assumption), what kind of expenses are you incurring? I ask this because I am now finally at the point where I know I need to get products to help with my productivity. I'm just about to get SE Nuke, for example. Do you recommend that?

I know you are pretty successful, so I would really appreciate the input.

john7334, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  5. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not begun to outsource yet, but based on the $earned per each article, I feel that outsourcing could only increase my income. I think I could find at least decent writers that are cheap enough to still make a nice profit. What are some people's experience with outsourcing articles, and how many articles per week do you outsource?

mlord10, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  6. mikejacobs88

mikejacobs88 Peon

Best Answers:
    The only problem I ever had with outsourcing is that the outsourced articles were never as good as when I wrote them myself.

For example in one niche every article I wrote ended up being worth around $15 based on sales. However when I outsource they are only worth around $6-7 which when you take into account keyword research, finding workers, paying workers, submission, bookmarking. It just wasnt worth the returns I was getting

mikejacobs88, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  7. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, apparently it's a struggle finding a writer who can write a decent quality article for 5 bucks or so but when you find one it's like finding a diamond. You have to be prepared to spend a bit to find them though.

Michelle., Oct 22, 2009 IP
  8. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know personally I am going to start focusing more on quality than quantity. I have been doing some analysis, and I am confident that 10 great articles written each day will bring better results than 20-25 mediocre ones. What do you guys think?

mlord10, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  9. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree.

Of course, it depends what you mean by "great" vs. "mediocre". Assuming you can write a "mediocre" 250-300 word article with some useful information and a nice introduction to the product you are selling, I'd go with 20-25 of those.

dlm, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  10. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with Dlm on this one, I'm not looking to create or have created Pulitzer winning articles.

I think that 10 average articles with a fantastic resource box or strong call to action will outperform 10 fantastic articles with a poor resource box or no call to action.

terryd, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  11. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I see more and more people focusing on quality articles, yeah that does count..

But the number of articles that you have pointing to your landing pages is more than vital and they do reflect your earnings. I suppose not many of your here outsource/write 500 articles per month, it's quite an investment if you outsource that many articles but the earnings overtime do pay OFF.

Building as many links to your articles is the way to go, this has been overly discussed on the forums .. you need links in order to keep the article on the top of the search results otherwise it soon dies off and the traffic dries up.

A strong call to action will always make more sale/drive more visitors to your landing or squeeze pages. Do not be shy about making a strong/solid/daring call to action, that's why you're here to presell...and make some money.

Al. /

evelinawilliams007, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  12. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    An old thread, but what the hell.

Well, of course!

You can't very well sell to that many with a crap, very short article, so....

That is just common sense.

Well, one would think that, anyway.

PhilipR, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah you guys are right... I should clarify what I meant by "quality" versus "mediocre." I meant for me personally I am going to start doing better keyword research, and make sure that I try and get some quality backlinks to my articles, that is what I meant by better quality. This should help my articles get ranked higher in google, and allow me to step off the writing treadmill a little bit, so to speak.

I absolutely agree that the call to action and a strong resource box are essential and that is def. part of my plan as well.

mlord10, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  14. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh boy.

PhilipR, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  15. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Oh boy isn't this a real business that should be treated as a REAL business if you want to succeed?

Yes, it is..

:)

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  16. ZikiBru

ZikiBru Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's possible if you can write tons of articles per day

ZikiBru, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  17. Jamie_M

Jamie_M Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right, it is possible ( I have not reached this amount yet). The reason 99.9% of people give up is because they think they can write 5 articles and the money will start rolling in. Another reason people may fail is b/c they may try to analyze why each and every article they write is not being picked up by the search engines.

Some articles may make it on the front page, some may not. It is best to write an article and let it take its course.

I have some articles on Buzzle that aren't on the front page. I honestly have no clue what page they are on b/c they aren't even on the 5th or the 10th for that matter. However, they are still getting views so they are being found by someone, somewhere.

But getting back to the $500 a day thing...if you work hard and don't give up (and realize it won't take overnight) then YES, you will make $500 a day or maybe even more! There really isn't a limit to how much you can make.

Jamie_M, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  18. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I am all set to quit after months of article marketing. I was doing well, when I decided to outsource - More articles mean more revenue, right ? Well, I was wrong.. I wasted a LOT of money buying 200 odd articles and generated 2 measly sales out of it - Not too good an investment, is it ? :(

simplyjo, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  19. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about that. Were you sending visitors to a squeeze page? did you promote your articles and try to get them to the first page listings? I released a whole load of articles the other week and got really excited thinking I would see sales straight away but I didn't so now I'm just concentrating on promoting them and choosing the right keywords....

Michelle., Nov 26, 2009 IP
  20. Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee Peon

Best Answers:
    When i was writing about 5-7 articles a day, i was making about $80-$90 a day purely off the articles... its defiantely worth it if you can invest the time. I dont have the time for this anymore and rely more on PPC.

Chimpanzee, Nov 26, 2009 IP