1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for all writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jagger, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Writers are the best species on Digital Point :) You don't see webdesigners, domainers, programmers or SEOs helping each other like we do. Kudos to all you word wizards.

Tudi, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. DeiformArtics

DeiformArtics Peon

Best Answers:

I am sorry but i dont agree to this. I have met many people who are very helpful all including webdesigners, domainers, programmers or SEOs not only in this forum but on web. It's just that with so much rat race happening we all are loosing the flavour of creativity.

DeiformArtics, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. musicsmysoul

musicsmysoul Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest starting at forums like DP...and other online avenues that are home to entrepreneurs. When I began my writing service several years back, I did this and the networking really paid off. Once you have a few clients, you tend to get recommendations. Remember, word of mouth will never go out of style. If one client likes you, their friends, co-workers and network buddies may hear about your talent.

Secondly, create a website. It can be as simple as a portfolio, but you should be professional and be able to show them samples of your work. Also include testimonials (even with links to your customers). Market, market, market!

Third, when you do start finding clients, always ask for 50% of payment upfront (until you develop a relationship). I have had many experiences in the past where clients are just not loyal. They will run with your articles or press releases, and you can't do much about it. If you have a website and testimonials, your clients shouldn't mind paying half right away. Once you work together several times, it doesn't become an issue.

Hope this helps! :)

musicsmysoul, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  4. Power_Writer

Power_Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are some specific places you can look for work:

I get the bulk of my higher paying work from local clients. Sites like Craigslist often have postings from small businesses who need writing done. I look around cities in my state/region and just build up contacts from there. Also, posting a small ad in a trade magazine or local paper advertising your services is still a great way to drum up business.

And remember, repeat customers are key. If you haven't heard from a client in a few months, drop them a line, see how their business is going and ask if they have any more work.

And finally, some people try sites like DailyArticle.com and Constant Content (http://www.constant-content.com/) to sell their articles - most fetch around $15-$25, but you're putting your work out there without the guarantee that it'll sell.

Power_Writer, Feb 22, 2008 IP