1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for all writers

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jagger, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just recently realized how much money I'm making for those people I'm writing articles for. So I'm pretty much trying to stop working for others and write more for myself. Maybe you should also consider this Jagger :) Best wishes!

Tudi, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  2. moneywithjointventures

moneywithjointventures Peon

Best Answers:
    This is great advise. I also solicit clients who I think may need my help. Some people realize that they need a blog, but don't have time to populate the blog with good content. I will find those websites and send them an email to let them know that their web design is good, but it is missing one piece and that is fresh content. I will let them know how I can help them and point them to my blog at onwritecourse.com so that they can see what their blog should look like.

moneywithjointventures, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    RE Goals

It would be really nice to have jhmattern and DeniseJ listed on Tted.co.uk and listing kd-mains as a serious content and seo writer to contend with (for se terms) as they are both well capable of competing with bruceclay and traceydooley IMHO (and would be very interesting to work with)

Well written text/copy content is after all what IT is all about.

Revelations-Decoder, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  4. eFYI

eFYI Peon

Best Answers:
    Is everyone aware that Jenn is hosting a 14day e-book challenge. I intended to participate, but got pulled away. I peek in whenever I get the chance. You can follow along, or check up on the results once the workshop is completed. And guess what? It's free!!!

Thanks Jenn

eFYI, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  5. eFYI

eFYI Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing blogs are a great place to look.

All about Freelance
    freelancewritinggigs.com
    onlinewriting.com
    workingwriterhappywriter.com
    thegoldenpencil
    hopewrites

I think those are correct. I just pulled them off the top of my head.

eFYI, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  6. prof_writer

prof_writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    write your ad on ezinearticles forum or look there for wanted ads .

prof_writer, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  7. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, GAF(getafreelancer) is the place where I get lot of copwriting work, I also work at another freelance site.

the best market place for writers is freelance sites

angilina, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    They're actually far from the "best" marketplace for writers. Dig around here a bit more, and you'll find a lot of information from professional writers showing where and how to find better markets and higher-paying clients. :)

jhmattern, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  9. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    The markets on freelancer sites are good in terms of number of offers. However, any content buyer going for RAC, GAF, ELANCE, or whatnot is definitely NOT willing to pay a right price. I should know, I've worked for peanuts on RAC for 3 years :C I was one of the top 3 writers there (top 50 overall coders as well) and buyers would still give me a raised eyebrow or two when I asked for 0,04-0,05 per word.

Frankly I think the market you work on should be directly proportional to the quality of your writing and your experience. If you honestly value yourself at around 0,01-0,03 per word, freelance websites like RAC or GAF are ok. If you're between 0,04 and 0,10 then you could try to market on webmaster forums such as DP, where your buyers are usually knowledgeable people that know the value of quality content and are willing to pay for it. If you think you are worth higher rates, there are probably markets that are suitable, I just can't give any advice here because I'm not at the writing level where I can ask for 0,10/word yet.

Tudi, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  10. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    I can do that

Please Google

hire a writer

or

hire writer

or maybe

the number one seo writer

Massage sent (LOL)

Sorry guys I could'nt resist!

Revelations-Decoder, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  11. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    How much do you think working on an ebook entitled the

"Book of Revelations Secret Code Revealed" could/should make you per word?

Here is a link to the "present cover"

http://www.tted.co.uk/book-of-revelations-code.htm

You sound very interesing if those statements above are true you could be one of the people I have been looking for.

Im talking about working on it with me not just on your own hence "Present Cover"

Revelations-Decoder, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  12. jilllacson

jilllacson Guest

Best Answers:
    You can create a blog and look on other forums. Lets say http://www.webmastertalk.in/chit-chat. When you create your blog you can post there your sample works. Or you can also do blog commenting.

Jill

jilllacson, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  13. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is so helpful. I, too, am trying to find more work. My thing is, I actually like writing content articles--they are short, they are often easy and I'm a big nerd who likes to learn about new stuff, so these give me an excuse to research things I probably would not have thought to take the time to learn about. Unfortunately a lot of content writing--at least for someone unknown like I am (I've been working through an article writing company for months, but as they sell the articles to the client it isn't like my name is on them and I can use them in my resume or anything...or can I?)--pays jack, and it is hard--once you've become inundated with work to break out of the low paying market.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am completely inspired to start my nightly job hunt! :)

snarke, Jan 30, 2008 IP
    Power_Writer likes this.
  14. Power_Writer

Power_Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    It's so true!

(about why content articles are fun, not that you're a big nerd)

Power_Writer, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  15. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    It's okay Power Writer :) I know I'm a big nerd :)

snarke, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  16. writeon

writeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having a website and picking up a few repeat clients are both good ways of getting freelance work.

writing for you

writeon, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  17. MavenofMarketing

MavenofMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to approach it holistically, not just focus on one way to get more work.

I network locally. I attend events, readings, and groups. I post on local bulletin boards.

I market globally. I have a website, a blog, and I have ads. I post in forums, comment on blogs, and reply to ads worldwide for writers/writing gigs.

I ask all of my clients for testimonials and referrals, I follow up frequently. I check in and see how their web traffic is doing if I wrote their copy. If I wrote a resume/cover letter, I follow up to see if they heard about the position. It's all about relationships.

I remind them that I am interesting in taking on new clients. It's not their job to remember to pass along my info. I need to make sure I'm top of mind.

All in all, I have a diverse group of clients - some one-time and others are on-going.

MavenofMarketing, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  18. adbullock

adbullock Peon

Best Answers:
    I have managed to get a few great gigs through Rent a Coder but most of my best jobs have been through networking with other writers and Internet Marketers. You can also sift through job boards, occasionally there is an excellent writing or blogging position available that not only pays well but is also interesting.

I think ultimately, the best way to make money for yourself as a writer is to learn to market your work and become your own boss. I'm taking steps at the moment to do that while maintaining my current writing income and expanding my client base.

adbullock, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  19. Writingcreations

Writingcreations Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for such a great thread! I am growing my business this year. I am bookmarking Jenn's article so I can go back and pour over it to see where I need improvement and what isn't working for me!

Writingcreations, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  20. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    I sent a targeted newsletter recently to local businesses that fit in my experience criteria. I try to get out a go to some business events (I need to do more of this!). Admittedly, I get a lot by word of mouth from clients, other writers, art directors, PR people, media people, web designers, creative directors.

Some of those creative placement services might be a good place to start, too. Profiles and Boss Group are two in my area.

webgal, Feb 20, 2008 IP