1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question: Can I "Cut and Copy" a Whole article of other blogs as long as...

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Matthew D, Aug 16, 2015.

Let's say that I'm having trouble keeping up with all the article's. And I find articles on other blogs.

Can I share whole articles on my website as long as I provide the link back from where it came from where it came from?

Matthew D, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  2. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's a breach of copyright, attribution or not.
    Lots of people do it, but unless you've got permission you're breaking the law.

CountryBoy, Aug 18, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do what you want. It doesn't mean its allowed. Most webmasters wont want you to copy/paste their content from their site onto yours without their permission first.
    Even if you are linking back directly to the original source! So why not contact the webmasters first and then ask them? Will save a DMCA takedown notice from being served on your host.

Mkcoy, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First, check if there is any type of licensing attached to the content of the sites you want to copy. If they're bright enough, they'll have a license in place for content usage.
    If there isn't any, there's fair use-rules - those will not let you copy a whole text verbatim, but you can copy parts, or even all of the text if it's used in a context, say you're commenting each paragraph or argument in the original text. It has to be clearly marked as quotes, though, not just pasted in like it's part of your own text.
    All of these things aside, usually you'll have to have an agreement with the site or writer to use their content. There are plenty of exceptions, but those are the ground rules.
    Side note: DMCA is irrelevant if you host your site outside the US. Some hosting providers comply, but there's plenty who don't. I'm not saying you should do something illegal, I'm just saying that DMCA is inconsequential for most of the world.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 22, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do it. Beside the illegal stuff, you can stain your reputation for ever. And, as a blogger, reputation is your most valuable asset.

Sometimes is really hard to put that amount of work without investing a lot of money and 20 hours per day. We all know that. But from my experience, I'd rather give less content with high quality , it's worth it thousand times over any huge amount of shady content.

King Manu, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    No. Giving credit doesn't grant you permission to publish the article in full.

dcristo, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  7. VpsAG

VpsAG Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to keep track of the articles for you to read later, you could use bookmarks from a browser in order for you to come back to them later. If you want these articles to be available across multiple devices, you can use a website like getpocket.com, that basically is a library to which you add articles by a single click to a list to come back later. But if the link goes down, so will the content. If you want to keep the content for later use regardless of the online status of the original source, you could just save the webpages to a folder or if you want to post them on your website, make it private so only you can view them. This way, you will avoid any copyright infringement allegations that might come upon you.

VpsAG, Sep 12, 2015 IP
  8. GillW2015

GillW2015 Peon

Best Answers:
    In a word NO!!!!
    Even if you say where it came from it is illegal. Why should other people write for you to take it?
    It is much better to post less but make sure each post or article is helpful, informative, and your own.
    Each of us has a writing style. Keep writing yourself as your writing style and personality is in each and every word. Helps to build your brand and reputation.

GillW2015, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  9. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is "No". Even if you give credit it is still illegal, unless you have written permission from Author. Besides that Google may penalize your site for duplicate content.

bluebelt91, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  10. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggested you get articles from the re-publish content site.

imuncutno1, Oct 24, 2015 IP