1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about "weight"

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by I. Brian, Nov 10, 2004.

I've just signed onto the coop network, and tested two forums I run.

What I'm really curious about is the "weight" value - on 1 forum running 3 ads it's a couple of thousand, but on another with higher PR and 5 ads (but fewer pages) I have a 97. The latter suggests a very poor rating.

My concern is simply that I'm offering maximum ads for other people, yet the benefits may not be very reciprocal. That's not meant to sound like a criticism, as much as an honest enquiry.

As a possible additional point, is it possible that a robots.txt file might complicate matters? I have most duplicate content blocked from the spiders. Might that affect weight at all with the coop network?

Simply curious.

I. Brian, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's possible... the weight is mostly based on how many pages that Google reports as knowing about within the site. What's the base URL set to for the one with the low weight?

digitalpoint, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  3. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help, Shawn - it turned out there was an issue with the URL format I was using - all corrected now. :)

I. Brian, Nov 10, 2004 IP