1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about the title

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by creativeamy, Jul 18, 2004.

Hi, I'm brand new here and have a question about the title on my main page. Now, I sell customized poems for all types of special occasions.

For the title in the source code, I have written, Poems, Customized for all Occasions

But I think I could do better.

Any advice?

Thanks

-a- :)

creativeamy, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  2. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use the KW Suggestion tool here within DP to determine what keywords/phrases are most sought after (I personally like the Wordtracker stats best). Make sure to focus your Title, Heading tags, emphasis tags (e.g. bold, strong, italics, etc.) in similar fashion. Keep in mind that the reading of the page is for users first and SEs second (a close second).

This process would be true for all pages on your website with each being unique and focused. IMHO. :)

North Carolina SEO, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  3. b.stout

b.stout Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I'm a little bit confused about keyword density on my home page and how many keywords i should put into my home page title. I would really appreciate if you share your experience.

Thanks in advance, Brian

b.stout, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  4. clickbump

clickbump Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    NC SEO has given you some good advice. Keyword density is usually acceptable in a range between 2-6%. However, as indicated you should write for humans first, then SEO fundamentals will follow.

For your home page title, just place your site's core keyword phrase there along with any supporting words to round it out. For example, if the site's core focus is "blue widgets", you might use "Blue Widgets with reviews and ratings" or similar.

Helps?

clickbump, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  5. b.stout

b.stout Peon

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

b.stout, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  6. xcvcx

xcvcx Peon

Best Answers:
    Way to raise the dead, bringing back dead topics.........................

xcvcx, Mar 2, 2011 IP