1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about shopify and trademark products

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by saif007, Aug 31, 2016.

Hi
    SEMrush
    Ive set up a Shopify store , it took 4 hardworking days, the store is based on one of Marvel's Characters and i m affraid that after all the work the store cloud be shut down, does shopify verify items that you sell ? If so would my store be shut down, and also while promoting ads on facebook , im i allowed to use marvels pictures or not ?

saif007, Aug 31, 2016 IP
    SEMrush
  2. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    are you selling "real" products?

does your website url contain a trade mark?

i had a store once for a children's product brand, they sent a cease and desist, so i sold them the domain

pmf123, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  3. saif007

saif007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

No, im selling products manifactured in China from aliexpress, ive contacted shopify and they told me that they dont check the trademark of the product but if there is a complain they will,

saif007, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  4. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    they probably aren't licensed then, if you are using a .com or are located in the US then I wouldn't risk it

pmf123, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  5. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    You are taking a big risk. Have a look at my thread:
    Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing where I give a detailed answer to the question: Selling Fakes, Counterfeits, and Knockoffs, (or even genuine Big Brand products obtained from unauthorized sources.)

There are legitimate ways to make money with a small start up amount. I have taught hundreds how to import small quantities direct from genuine manufacturers in China and other countries. The profit margins are massive, and you can build a real business. My book teaches you how to do it safely and easily.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Sep 3, 2016 IP