1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

Question about reciprocals...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by eli4407, Mar 7, 2009.

In my own directory, at what point should I start asking for reciprocal links? I am getting 300+ submissions daily and growing. I am getting 2000+ hits a day. I just got indexed by google.

After how long or how many links should I ask for or require reciprocals? Or should I? I know I need to get some backlinks also ;)

eli4407, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I actually disabled the reciprocal option on my directories, you wont be able to keep on top of whether they still have your link in place, they will put it on useless pages.

pipes, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. mexabet

mexabet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can start even now to do it. Many directories ask for reciprocal links from day one.

mexabet, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  4. eli4407

eli4407 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks y'all. I just want to build some backlinks myself.

eli4407, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  5. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal links in any kind of numbers are NOT a good idea. Go to the paid review option and remove completely anything resembling reciprocal link offers from your site.

Offering reciprocal links is something Matt Cutts referred to when talking about the Aviva penalty. Look here in the comments made in early Dec 2007.

Here is one article I wrote on the topic

All in all if you want to mess around with reciprocal linking - go for it - I do not and would not recommend it.

swedal, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  6. marki8

marki8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, i agree with @swedal, you can give repricoal link but you must use no follow at that link, to hide from google, but who want to submit thats directory? if using nofollow.

marki8, Mar 7, 2009 IP