1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about reading Amazon Stats

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by drmike, Jul 20, 2013.

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has run into this before or not but am curious what may be causing it. On my main Amazon page when in my associate account it says I have 5 items shipped, 8 items ordered, which I know happens on the weekends sometimes or if they are out of stock, and possibly for pre-order items?

Anyways, the confusing part is that when I click into my orders report it only shows 6 items that have been ordered. Five that have already shipped, and one that just ordered yesterday that wont show shipped until tomorrow... but even then I will still be missing two items somewhere when comparing my shipped vs ordered items.

I did recently start a site promoting pre-orders of Xbox One and PS4... could this be the reason for the discrepancy? Do pre-ordered items not show up perhaps?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

drmike, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  2. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The stats refresh once a day. There are delays in shipping sometimes for high-demand products and for items sold by 3rd parties. Also, a lot of sales seem to not ship until Tuesday rolls around for some reason. Don't stress it as long as you're seeing the clicks and orders registering in the stats. Also, I don't think pre-order items show up in your stats until they ship (not 100% on that though as I don't promote them).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    freelancewebaz, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  3. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response; I do know items usually show up in the Ordered Items section a day before they shop up in Shipped items. This has happened several times; especially on the weekends when items can't ship out until Monday. That I am used, but when that happens I have always been able to at least see the item in the "Ordered Items" report even if the commission wasn't showing yet as it was not shipped.

This time however, my "Ordered Items" report says there have been 8 items order; but when you click into the report to view the items it only shows 6. I would think it would at least show the items, it always has whether they were shipped or not. In fact one of the 6 that is showing hasn't been shipped yet, will likely be shipped Monday, so I don't see the commission for it yet, but it still shows as an ordered item.

But for some reason, I have 2 ordered items which I can't see what they are anyways.

drmike, Jul 21, 2013 IP