1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about profile visitor messages

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by l3fty, May 11, 2010.

hello mods,

i wanted to know if it was possible for me and my fellow contest designers here to do the following:

when a contest holder abandons a contest without awarding a winner (and we would have to be 100% sure that the contest has indeed been abandoned), we will post a link to that contest on the CH's profile as a visitor message. just the link. no flaming or anything. this same information can be gathered from doing a simple post search, and we aren't maligning the CH or anything, simply stating the fact that he/she abandoned a specific contest.

other contest websites have a similar feature that allows users to see a contest holder's awarding history, so this is not an uncommon request.

this will make CHs take DP contests more seriously and hopefully reduce the number of frivolous CHs and design-stealers who are giving DP contests a bad name among designers. this will increase the quality of contests here on DP, attract better designers, which will attract better CHs, and so on. ii believe this will make the DP contest forum a better place.

i wanted to get your opinions before implementing this plan.

thanks,
    l3fty

l3fty, May 11, 2010 IP
  2. l3fty

l3fty Peon

Best Answers:
    after three days without being told i can't do it, i'll go ahead and give it a try.

thanks!

l3fty, May 15, 2010 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Totally useless action. Members can delete their own visitor message.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
    Smyrl, May 15, 2010 IP
  4. l3fty

l3fty Peon

Best Answers:
    *slaps forehead*

guess we'll have to find some other way then...

l3fty, May 15, 2010 IP