1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about paypal negative balance

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Krinijah, May 19, 2015.

Hello.
    I had 5 copies of GTA V digital keys purchased with my own money. Since i never used them i decided to sell them over ebay. Well everything went good but few days ago i saw 2 opened disputes with unauthorised transaction. Since it's not my fault and i was never frauded or lied anyone - just resell the keys, paypal decided with the buyer. Since i withraw all my paypal balance i am on negative for -$70 USD. I have only name,address and card info on the account. I am based in western Europe.
    What's the worst scenario if i refuse to pay since i was scammed from buyers ?

--
    All keys are sent to the buyers and being activated.

Krinijah, May 19, 2015 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yet another "negative balance in my paypal account" and "whats the worst that can happen" post.

When will people learn?

There is nothing you can do since PayPal buyers protection doesn't extend to "virtual" items.

Virtual items are items that are delivered electronically.

What you could do however, seeing as you sold the item on ebay, is go round to the buyers house, bang on their door and ask them what the hell they think they're playing at and demand your money back there and then. This is not advisable though because you'd be in breach of threatening behavior. Even if you ask politely and you'd probably only get met with a barrage of abuse.

Chances are, the buyer lives on a run down council estate and has pit bull terrier.

What you need to do when selling virtual items is to put it on hold for 7 days. Tell the buyer that you're holding their payment for 7 days BEFORE sending the item.

This is plenty time for the buyer to notice an "unauthorized payment" on their card and "claw it back" through their CC company.

This really stinks actually and I feel for you to be honest. A lot of people on here have experienced the same thing.

If I was you, I'd put it down to experience and learn from it and move on.

It would be handy if you could know the CC company that he used and then contact them and send them all the details including his/her name/address, ebay account and any messages you've had. But for items less than $100 CC comp's don't really give a stuff and just put it down to fraud.

What really gets me is how PayPal bend over backwards and give in to the CC comp's so easily for "virtual items".

A virtual item is still an item.

When PayPal grow a pair of balls the world will be a lot safer place.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Mkcoy, May 19, 2015 IP
  3. Nemesis24829046

Nemesis24829046 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ref last reply...........paypal are a payment processor and DO NOT have the same powers as a bank or CC company....so if a customer raises a chargeback for digital goods with their CC company the first thing the said CC company asks for is valid proof of delivery and as we all know this does not exsist with digital goods and please do go knocking on doors as this will land u in a legal minefield. ......and the above comment is flawed because digital goods are now covered by paypal...........as for unauthorised transactions these cases are investigated thoroughly and the way these cases are investigated I cant disclose due to security issues.......and as for getting CC details as mentioned mkcoy those details will never be given out as it is a breach of data protection so that comment is irrelevant. ......when it comes to digital goods, just call paypal and ask for advice, they are not money grabbing monsters as most of these forums seem to say..........paypal has close to 200 mil customers and only a small percentage are unhappy however the vast majority are happy with the service provided. .........I reiterate if you want real advice call them because the info and answers you get in forums is mainly negative and on a whole incorrect.

Nemesis24829046, May 22, 2015 IP