1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about old parked domains and development

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ElectronDon, Dec 17, 2005.

I would like some opinions regarding how Google interprets old parked domains. What I want to know is this:

If a domain has been registered and parked for a reasonable time period, say 1 - 1.5 years, but without a site and without any inbound links, will it have any advantage with Google if it then becomes developed with a site? Will this aging period of the domain itself have any effect on the time period it takes before Google will release a site developed on it?

My main concern is that Google first starts the aging filter at the time of the very first crawl. So in that case, a domain could be 2 years old, but parked and never spidered by Google at all, and then developed with a site, spidered by Google, and then the new site filter placed in effect upon the first spidering.

Can anybody say with confidence at which point the new site filter begins? Either 1). upon domain registration or 2). the very first crawl?

Thanks Much,
    ElectronDon

ElectronDon, Dec 17, 2005 IP