1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Laptops?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Claire, Nov 5, 2006.

Hi there, I am thinking about purchasing a Laptop....does anyone have any suggestions? I would be using it for business.

Claire, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would go Dell. Reliable and cheap.

dcristo, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  3. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Dell was having problems with the batteries.I'm still afraid of that.

Richie_Ni, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Oh yeah, I heard about that. I was more referring to a refurbished laptop off eBay. You don't need the latest model just for business related purposes.

dcristo, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  5. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dell AND cheap - you must be kidding, lust look at the specs!
    put a hight number at the processor speed and a low number at the price and you just get crap. just look at the graphics card they use at the cheap models, "integrated" or "turbocache" (another name for "shared memory" -> slow and it takes the memory away from your ram).
    so basicly you can get a cheap one for solitair or minesweeper or an overpriced pc if you wanna do more. go to a retailer and compare the prices, dell is NOT cheaper, you can ask questions, choose what you want and can pick it up the same day in most cases.
    when i buy a pc i choose a really good mainboard, ram and graphic card but a slower cpu, have a 3GHz i got for $80 at the moment, and i upgrade to an amd 64 x2 (~$350 now) as soon as i get one for < $100. its fast enought to play most of todays games in high quality.

friend of mine had a dell notebook and a problem with the keyboard in 2004 or so (one button was fallen out), so he sent it in and they charged him - im not kidding here- a ~$650 "service fee" (!!!), he called dell and they told him "its always $650, whatever is broken" - so who got a cheap dell here?!

i use an acer aspire as a notebook, good value for the price, battery lasts for up to 4 hours and the graphics card is quite good, wlan, bluetooth, firewire, everything you need and they never had a problem with exploding batteries - unlike dell...

falcondriver, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  6. Claire

Claire Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks soooooo much everybody for the input. Falcondriver this is exactly what I wanted to hear, good value for the price and exactly what I should be looking for with a name brand. Thanks all!

Claire, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  7. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    I was also looking for buying one, and the problem with acer < 1k$ models is that they dont look attractive.
    I liked hp better :)
    Amit

amitpatel_3001, Nov 5, 2006 IP