1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about image size for web

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by easonc, Mar 27, 2017.

Hi all,

I studied graphic design about 10 years ago (never formally) and learned that for web, standard image size is about 96 px/inch and about 100-150kb for file size. Just wondering if it is still the same 10 years later when we now have Facebook and Twitter and CMS. Considering the new technologies such as broadband and smartphones, can we upload bigger size image file now and how big can we go for easy download by viewers?

For some reason I couldn't search for max image file size for Facebook.

Thanks.

easonc, Mar 27, 2017 IP
  2. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell about which image size do you want to get confirmation. Because images are used for different purposes like display pictures, banners, cover pictures, profile pictures etc.
    You can get specifications for these online.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  3. csalmon

csalmon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can use larger image sizes - it really depends on your audience. Will they be viewing the online material on phones or from 5k monitors? And how will it work in your design? Seeing that most people even if they are working on a desktop are connected wirelessly I wouldn't go with too big with file size.

csalmon, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  4. Photoeditor

Photoeditor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am graphic designer, SMM as well as a search engine optimizer and I suggest you to keep your image shorter if you want to keep your website SEO friendly. if you use over size image it will make your site slower. You can compress your image continuing the original visibility.

Thank you!

Photoeditor, Apr 19, 2017 IP