1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about how I should approach an idea for an internet business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by icetoken, Sep 21, 2014.

Hi,

I have an idea for a new business and I'm trying to figure out where to start so that I could move forward.

It'll be a shopping business where people can search on their phones/tablets or their computers, for the latest deals with a specific search or clickable folders, and I would be updating information on a database that the information is accessible through an app and website. I also want to have a blog along with this, so I'm wondering.....is it possible to find a hosting company that will hold a database that the information can be seen on a website as well as an app? Do I also need to find a hosting company that will do wordpress as well? Or are they separate (I noticed when I search on wordpress available hosting, they don't mention anything about websites). Also regarding an app, is it possible to do this with an actual app (ios or android) or would it be easier to create an html5 app? I'm still trying to figure out the difference between an html5 app and a website. Is it the same thing and just accessed using your phone as an "apps"?

I'm new to this in case you haven't figure it out, but I wanted to get the research started for the work I'm going to be doing. I work in I.T. but haven't worked in social media as a business.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Trav

icetoken, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  2. icetoken

icetoken Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok75 views....no responses lol. Can anyone suggest a good forum I could post this question? Maybe this isn't a great spot for it.

icetoken, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  3. RevSan

RevSan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy.com is perfect for website hosting and if you have any questions about hosting and technical details just call to their call center and they will explain everything. This is the initial step I would like to suggest. Next search in web finally into forums like DP.

RevSan, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  4. LifestyleUTM

LifestyleUTM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should search for Siteground vs Wordpress on Google to find a good hosting for your project.
    Wordpress is the best solution as CSM in my opinion, you can really do everything now with it.

Also I will focus first on do a real Business Model like this: http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/

You are going to compete in a good niche, so you need a solid plans.
    The first things to do is to understand what will be your marketing strategy, don't focus on Google, it's a waste of time.
    Plan some solid strategy on how to build good relationship and share your contents, and also what contents you will write.
    A content plans is also important.

Study a little how they plans the Business Model, I have tons of clients that once they have a good Business model in their hands and they stuck with the plan they achieve success in a short period of time.

This is the best advice.

LifestyleUTM, Sep 22, 2014 IP