1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question About Guest Post Backlinking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TipsfromTim, Jul 23, 2014.

Hi community,

I am writing a guest blog post for an authority site in my niche.

I am allowed 2 backlinks in the bio section and 1 in the actual text.

My questions are these:

1. Does one hold more power than the other (bio backlink versus text backlink)?
    2. Is it more powerful to have 3 different backlinks that point back to 3 different webpages, or to have all 3 point to the same page, or does it not matter?

Thanks,

Tim

TipsfromTim, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  2. KyleStephensonWood

KyleStephensonWood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

These are good questions that I would like some more information on too.

I have another question though - how do you arrange guest post blogging? Do you simply contact the log author with your proposition after making a name for yourself on their blog or advertise your services elsewhere?

KyleStephensonWood, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  3. microblogland

microblogland Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. As long as your keyword is placed into relevant content and read naturally there is no difference.
    2. It would be good idea if you can link back to different inner pages.

microblogland, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  4. microblogland

microblogland Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to try Twitter serch for new guest blogging opportunities. Try "keyword" + guest post

microblogland, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  5. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    The main content link will hold more power than author bio links. The author bio links is usually not considered editorially placed - while the in-text links is - , the surrounding text also has an effect on how much power a link has, so it's better if you manage to get your link within a paragraph related to your industry, and there was also a seo experiment test that showed that links in the beginning of the article and the first paragraphs hold more power that those at the bottom.
    I would use the main content link as the most important one, and the author bio links as tangential - home page link, social profiles, etc.

Ferzy, Jul 28, 2014 IP