1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Google stats

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by edik, May 17, 2004.

Can anyone tell me a site or a tool where i can see the search statistics for certain keywords per month? i mean to compare how many searches were for "bubu" in March 2004, and in April 2004?
    Thanks.

edik, May 17, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi EdiK
    put simply there isn't one! Sorry to disappoint.

The closest to it is wordtracker, but that only estimates based on market share, so it does not take into account the demographics of searcher.

Google keep their search data close to their chest, so my advice to you would be to run a low cost adwords capmaign limited to search results only. This will give you the sort of data your heart desires.

OWG

Old Welsh Guy, May 17, 2004 IP
  3. edik

edik Guest

Best Answers:
    wordtracker can show me the searches per day, i dont really care about the demographics of the search. All I need is basically the numbers of searches not per day, but per month? Isnt it possible to find that kind of info?

edik, May 17, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you seen Shawn's Keyword Suggestion toll? It gives you searches per day from both Wordtracker and Overture.

You have to remember these are not based on Google's traffic, but are indicative of the general popularity of any given search term.

The suggestion to open an AdWord account is good if you want to get at Google's information. They don't give you actual numbers but they predict the traffic for any given search term, which obviously must be based on the actual traffic.

compar, May 17, 2004 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quote:i dont really care about the demographics of the search

Edik, I think I didn't explain what I meant by this phrase. The demographic difference can be monumental. Wordtracker uses data gained from Meta search tools. They then calculate the Google search figures by a simple market share multipier.

What I meant by Demographics is that people who use metasearch tools tend to be a different socio economic group to those that use mainstream (G, Y! , MSN etc) Search engines. so this skews the results when comparing them to Google volumes, the multiplier then skews them even further.

People who use Meta search tools tend to have been around a long time, and/or are using them for research. Because of this they use different search terms to the average man in the street. All I wsa saying was to beware, especially if the terms you are researching are low volume searches, as one person carrying out research can skew the results wildly.

Hope I have made myself a little clearer, clarity is not my strong point lol

Old Welsh Guy, May 17, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The closest thing you are going to get to Google data is the click-through prediction within a Google AdWords account, but it's still not what you want. Google does not publicly disclose the info.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 17, 2004 IP