1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Google and IntelliTXT (VibrantMedia) - Search Ranking Dropped

Discussion in 'SEO' started by GadgetMadness.com, Sep 25, 2005.

Thanks to the power of the co-op, I managed to rank #2 for a search term that would result in Amazon purchases of a very expensive video game console. I recently implemented IntelliTXT from VibrantMedia, which uses JavaScript to create contextual text links from the text already on a page. (You have probably seen these before, they are the words on a page that are highlighted in green with a double underline.) I noticed that a few days after putting IntelliTXT on my site, that I wasn't getting traffic for the search term anymore. I tried searching on Google, and now I don't even show up for the search term anymore! :mad:

Forgive me if this should be obvious, but I now suspect that Google re-crawled my site, saw the IntelliTXT links and dropped my ranking big time. I have no proof of this, only speculation. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, has seen this before themselves, and has any suggestions on what I should do? I've pulled the IntelliTXT ads and am going to re-submit my site for crawling, but other than that is there anything else I can do to get my high ranking back? Should I be wary of adding other ad programs while using Adsense?

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise, it is greatly appreciated!

GadgetMadness.com, Sep 25, 2005 IP
  2. GadgetMadness.com

GadgetMadness.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I put this under the wrong forum in the first place. (I wouldn't have thought to put it under website reviews as it is more of an advertising comparison/spam penalty question than a request for anyone to look at my site.) I try to play by the rules, but always seem to end up in trouble! :rolleyes:

GadgetMadness.com, Sep 25, 2005 IP