1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about forums and search engine ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by web-rover, Apr 1, 2005.

If i set my max thread length from say 10 posts, to 25 posts, would it have a higher potential to rank on a search engine, since the key word density will likely be higher?

web-rover, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Density might not be higher, although the total count might be.

Of course -- I do not believe Google uses keyword density in their algorithm. Other search engines may use density in their algorithms.

If you make your pages longer, you will decrease the number of pages. No?

Does that make it six of one vs. a half-dozen of the other?

Will.Spencer, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  3. web-rover

web-rover Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah good point about the pages.

web-rover, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  4. Blagger

Blagger Peon

Best Answers:
    I, and many others have found, that google does take keyword density into account, but it's only a small percentage of the total algorithm.

On my property site I added more properties to a page and found the keyword repeated over and over again did make that page rank fractionally better than the page with less of that keyword on, if you follow?

Also, the point about removing a page doesn't matter too much as following pages sometimes have no PR at all, or very little. Test that individual page on a site like rustybrick which will also give you a prediction about future PR for the individual page.

Blagger, Apr 2, 2005 IP