1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Creating YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'General Business' started by A.G, Jun 15, 2017.

Hello,

if i want to create a youtube channel and upload videos for example a song, only the audio without the videoclip in the background and then apply a local language translation for the song along with the video

is that allowed by youtube ?? is this against copyright rules ?? when it's against, why i see many channels on youtube doing this thing without problems

please if anyone have an idea about this please share it
    thanks

A.G, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    A lot of the time the copyright holder will allow you to publish the music video on YouTube but the ad revenue will go to the copyright holder.

dcristo, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  3. DynaDotRep

DynaDotRep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You may also want to credit audio file either in the video or the description (or both).

DynaDotRep, Jun 16, 2017 IP
  4. msgreenpea1

msgreenpea1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see some that do this, tweak a few things like:
    *If it's an actual video, they flip the image (I see this a lot being done on old TV series episodes)
    *If it's only audio, sometimes the pitch is higher or lower than the usual. (Mostly done on lyric videos)

Hope this helps!

msgreenpea1, Jun 17, 2017 IP
  5. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that you want to do this to earn money. However, as you point out, there could be issues with the copyright. What is considered "fair use"? What isn't considered "fair use"? If you get copyright complaints you have to explain why your videos don't infringe on the copyright of the owners. Youtube has the last word since they own the whole video platform, and there's a risk that your videos get removed.

You might have seen videos on Youtube that do the same as you want to do, but the ad revenue don't go to those who upload the videos but to the copyright holders of the music.

MrKing01, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  6. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't monetize something you didn't create yourself. If you have permission from the copyright owners you might be able to use some of their work to build an audience.

gregdavidson, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The above does not override copyright policies. lol.

NetStar, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  8. msgreenpea1

msgreenpea1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never said it overrides copyright policies, I'm merely sharing what I usually see on youtube that others are doing just in case it helps the OP with possible ideas. Please don't make fun of my post (lol).

msgreenpea1, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  9. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    A song would usually be copyrighted, so even if you provide lyrics to it, you will still won't be able to monetize it. Many channels do get away with having songs on their channel, usually having the lyrics to the songs on it. The best would still be to create your own content. That way you can monetize it and not be worried about copyright strikes.

Milliardo, Jul 17, 2017 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of course you can do that however make sure the audio came from you originally or else it will be pulled out.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 17, 2017 IP