1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about AdWords and DFP

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Jonathan Wise, Nov 28, 2014.

Hi, I have a question regarding the relationship between AdWords and DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers).

The site I manage is a (fairly) large forum site (about 20k visits per day). We started to use DFP a long time ago to manage publishing ads because we do sometimes engage in contracts that require us to manage AdSense and those other advertisers simultaneously.

When we were using AdSense without DFP I could log into AdWords (not to bid, of course!) and see the site listed in the top 5 to 10 sites for important keywords.

When we don't have any other contracts we use DFP's "default" -- to offer the ad-spots on AdWords and fill them. This works fine and we get both the ads and the income.

However, if I sign into AdWords (using a completely unrelated account) I no longer see our site listed anywhere for any keywords. If we create specific targeted placements (e.g. targeting the "relationship" part of our forum) then neither the site nor the placement shows up.

I assume the site must be listed on AdWords for us to receive ads to publish/generate income? So why can we no longer see it listed since moving to DFP?

Is there something I'm not understanding?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Jonathan Wise, Nov 28, 2014 IP